Polk PSW111 Subwoofer suddenly blowing fuses

Colombianlove41

Writer/Editor/Mod
Premium Supporter
Aug 23, 2010
Gotham
Hey Kids,
I have a Polk PSW111 subwoofer and it suddenly started to blow fuses. I got some new ones adn as soon as I plug it in: POP! I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of what to do or had a plroblem like this? Any help would be amazing, thanks! Feel free to ask me anything about the issue to try and figure this out.

Hey Kids,
I have a Polk PSW111 subwoofer and it suddenly started to blow fuses. I got some new ones adn as soon as I plug it in: POP! I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas of what to do or had a plroblem like this? Any help would be amazing, thanks! Feel free to ask me anything about the issue to try and figure this out.

the main reasons for an amp fuse to blow include a short to ground somewhere along the power supply line and internal amplifier faults

a blown fuse 99.99% of the time means something is toasted inside, throwing a new fuse in usually doesn't fix anything

Could call Polk and see what they say, maybe they sell the amp on its own to replace inside if not too hard, or maybe just cheaper on its own to get new sub. Granted you have a pricey sub, so if no warranty I could see why you may want to try fixing.

some cities have electronic repair stores that could maybe do the work for you if you are replacing the internal amp, etc.