Poltergeist - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Ultimate Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 19, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on July 25, at 12 PM for Red Carpet, at 6 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £39.99

Poltergeist.jpg

Last edited:
This is great news!
Really looking forward to that release.
Let´s hope we´ll be getting a new transfer and Dolby Atmos. Fingers crossed.

Never seen this either.
Come to think of it, I haven't seen the original Friday the 13th, or its first sequels, Nightmare on Elm Street, even though I lived on Elm Street, any of the Phantasm, Children of the Corn, original Halloween, Puppet Master, etc.
Horror movie fan I'm called...

• Wow
Reactions: paulboland
Never seen this either.
Come to think of it, I haven't seen the original Friday the 13th, or its first sequels, Nightmare on Elm Street, even though I lived on Elm Street, any of the Phantasm, Children of the Corn, original Halloween, Puppet Master, etc.
Horror movie fan I'm called...

.... not any more.

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Again depends on the art and the 4K PQ. Not all restorations are that good. ATM happy with my digibook ...

Could be swayed depending on art. Got no interest in lost boys but possibly this

Anyone else sh!t scared of the tree when you was a kid?

Reactions: Robles
Could be swayed depending on art. Got no interest in lost boys but possibly this

Anyone else sh!t scared of the tree when you was a kid?
HAHA, yeah mate the tree was proper creepy :wow:

1654733278768.png

Reactions: Flloydo
That tree, the nothing in never ending story, jaws, the opening credits to X files and Vigo the painting in ghostbusters 2 along with his pink slime all scared the sh!t out of me as a kid!
:rofl: You got scared easily, it seems, I mean, X Files opening, Viggo the Carpathian. And that slime was fun.

Yeah, I just considered them old crap.
I liked Critters, Gremlins, Aliens, Chucky, stuff like that, they were my childhood movies.
Honestly I still have no interest in Halloween, the only one I've watched was the Rob Zombie version. Phantasm seems very dated. Never liked Freddie, only seen Freddie vs Jason.
But I do want to watch first 2-3 parts of the Puppet Master, Warlock, Wishmaster, Waxwork... all the W movies. :smuggrin:

And this Poltergeist finally, if it's a nice edition.
Don't know how it can be better, than Frighteners...

:rofl: You got scared easily, it seems, I mean, X Files opening, Viggo the Carpathian. And that slime was fun.

I liked Critters, Gremlins, Aliens, Chucky, stuff like that, they were my childhood movies.
Honestly I still have no interest in Halloween, the only one I've watched was the Rob Zombie version. Phantasm seems very dated. Never liked Freddie, only seen Freddie vs Jason.
But I do want to watch first 2-3 parts of the Puppet Master, Warlock, Wishmaster, Waxwork... all the W movies. :smuggrin:

Yeah, sure, mr Cossack ... keep sucking up.

I don't think I did at all as a kid. Like actual scary things didn't scare me like gory horror or the likes of Freddy Krueger etc. It was weird things. I mean Vigo is pretty creepy anyway with that hair and stare and sharks still do to this day and the only thing today that freaks me out. My only excuse is I was 5/6/7/8 years old when I see all this. And when I say scared the sh!t out of me i don't mean I was having nightmares every night for years. Just at the time of watching. Although the thought of the nothing eating away at the world in never ending story stuck with me as well as the wolf

Reactions: Lenny Nero