Slipbox Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Possible Blu-ray Slipbox) (Plain Archive Exclusive) [Korea]

sminister

Premium Supporter
Apr 17, 2013
Release date: TBA
Purchase link: TBA
Price: TBA
Note: PA announced on twitter it will be released on Blu-ray

46A2534D-49A5-4630-92B1-C106AE403D87.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Man this sucks. It will also get a criterion release which will of course include better visual and audio quality and more special features but then again Plain Archive will of course have superior packaging. Might have to get both versions since the film is so god damn great

Man this sucks. It will also get a criterion release which will of course include better visual and audio quality and more special features but then again Plain Archive will of course have superior packaging. Might have to get both versions since the film is so god damn great

Haha yeah I’ll buy them both too. I even ordered the French blu-ray and will try to add English subtitles via my Oppo. Fingers crossed it works.

• Haha
Reactions: stu
wow finally someone started the thread (even tho it may be a while til actual release)
I will buy every edition Plain makes plus the criterion! Can't wait :oohyeah:

Reactions: famagosta
I would open my wallet as fast as I could if this gets a similar release that Carol did, with the limited edition deluxe box set

I would really like Plain to start getting back in to the full swing of things, but sadly can't see it happening.
For now, its just a lot of announcements that don't amount to anything.

Will be keeping an on this for sure! Still actually need to check out the film though lol.

Ooooh so happy to hear this. It's a special flick!! I watched it in cinema on New Years Eve (in the background, fireworks noise from the outside lol) and it's very very good. It could have been 15 minutes shorter imo, but anyway very good movie. It relies deeply on the greek myth of Eurydice and Orpheus, and all the gaze stuff connected to it.. so you may want to take a look at what wikipedia says about that

i got this one Taiwan edition that came with art cards. I need to pop it in and check the quality though, now that i'm dealing with multiple potential copies. Criterion is a must for me, so do I add this upcoming one as a 3rd?!

It definitely depends on if the packaging is top notch or not. Criterion is a no brainer for the special features and remastered audio and video

i got this one Taiwan edition that came with art cards. I need to pop it in and check the quality though, now that i'm dealing with multiple potential copies. Criterion is a must for me, so do I add this upcoming one as a 3rd?!

would you mind posting a picture? I looked at a Taiwanese release on YesAsia and was tempted to order it (but would still get the Plain Archive version as well) - thanks