Gotta Collect 'Em All
Premium Supporter
May 24, 2020
Pandora
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: TBA
Price: TBA

F3AiV31W0AAw_JI.jpeg

This film is an absolute trip. Definitely worth watching and extremely polarising. Had it on my bucket list of films to watch. Not sure I'd go back for another session.
If any film can be described as Schizophrenic, it's 'Possession'.
Imagine a cross between Gasper Noe and David Cronenburg with a smattering of David Lynch.

Reactions: Billy Talent
I suspect that this release will be very popular within the horror genre aficionados. Considered a niche classic.
the french release from le chat qui fume had a standard 4 discs release with CD soundtrack, and also a limited edition with a paperback book on Zulawski's life/carreer it sold out very fast.

HH brought this to my attention a few months back, didn’t even click when I see SS announce it the other day. Defo interested in checking it out and I know nothing about the film except some of the ambiguous comments in here. Sounds like it could possibly be up my street. I’ll keep an eye on this

HH brought this to my attention a few months back, didn’t even click when I see SS announce it the other day. Defo interested in checking it out and I know nothing about the film except some of the ambiguous comments in here. Sounds like it could possibly be up my street. I’ll keep an eye on this
I'd say, it's basically a family / relationship - even maybe existential - drama combined with socio-political commentary wrapped in some metaphorical images. It is quite cryptic and I'd lie if I claimed to have understood everything after one sighting some years ago. But I think even then you will get pretty good picture or maybe rather feeling of what it is about so that it does not leave you just frustrated. In that regard it does share some aspects with Lynch's cryptic movies as has been said before. I really did enjoy this and need to rewatch it.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
I'd say, it's basically a family / relationship - even maybe existential - drama combined with socio-political commentary wrapped in some metaphorical images. It is quite cryptic and I'd lie if I claimed to have understood everything after one sighting some years ago. But I think even then you will get pretty good picture or maybe rather feeling of what it is about so that it does not leave you just frustrated. In that regard it does share some aspects with Lynch's cryptic movies as has been said before. I really did enjoy this and need to rewatch it.
this movie has many different levels of interpretation, you mentioned some of them. To me one of the most the most interesting metaphora is that with anger, sadness and frustration you may give birth to a cancer, or something else...

Reactions: sinusR2
YES YES YES! Always wanted the Mondovision set but price+shipping was just too high. Glad to see this masterpiece getting the good treatment.

btw theres already a 4k collectors edition by australian based umbrella entertainment:

unboxing:

Reactions: Billy Talent