Prey (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

Aug 10, 2023
Release date: October 3, 2023
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $40.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

20230817_160901.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Varies, but there's zero point refreshing amazon UK. It'll appear with bestbuy before anywhere else, and tbh it's likely to be a HMV exclusive over here. Even if it isn't though, you'll get a zavvi email before it hits amazon lol

My places to buy movies (I'm from Croatia) are amazon.it, ebay... that's it. Sometimes in rare cases I seek other spots. For this I'd like to be fast and secure it. Just registered on Zavvi.it.

Last edited:
Not in hand it wouldn't be. That's a vinyl wrapped custom, not a direct print to steel. I'd never recommend anyone to buy one.

It is but still not all do work same. Sure it can't compare to direct print on metal, but also steelbooks are not all same.
I perfer great made and feel vinyl than bad steelbook artwork.
I have Van Helsing custom steelbook vinyl and there's no difference on touch. It doesn't feel like paper but it is noticable since it's not wrapped all around edges like where i ordered couple of these. It's just front, back and spine with 0 interior artwork.

It doesn't feel like paper but it is noticable since it's not wrapped all around edges like where i ordered couple of these. It's just front, back and spine with 0 interior artwork.
Oh, so you bought the worst possible ones and still defending them.
Those are called 'stickerbooks', some studios released them a decade ago, they were the most despised versions by everyone. I bought 1 of King of New York by mistake.

At least those customs I showed are wrapped around all edges. And the other even seems printed on metal somehow.

I've also ordered a couple from that guy in Spain from the first IG post, to test the quality, see it personally, for a couple favorite movies that'll probably never have steelbooks - Conspiracy Theory and End of Days.

• Haha
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Oh, so you bought the worst possible ones and still defending them.
Those are called 'stickerbooks', some studios released them a decade ago, they were the most despised versions by everyone. I bought 1 of King of New York by mistake.

At least those customs I showed are wrapped around all edges. And the other even seems printed on metal somehow.

I've also ordered a couple from that guy in Spain from the first IG post, to test the quality, see it personally, for a couple favorite movies that'll probably never have steelbooks - Conspiracy Theory and End of Days.

I'm saying it depends from who you buy it. Not all do the work same.
It's same with direct to print on metal steelbooks. Bad finish can "destroy" it despite good artwork.
I solved problem with bad steelbooks with glossy/lenti magnets.
In this case it's good movie even got release, despite it won't be DV and now probably Predator from FAC will gave good chance to be released.

Reactions: Lenny Nero
My places to buy movies (I'm from Croatia) are amazon.it, ebay... that's it. Sometimes in rare cases I seek other spots. For this I'd like to be fast and secure it. Just registered on Zavvi.it.
Gotcha. I expect it'll be available via amazon Italy and spain. Germany and france too, but I believe they lock their preorders to local buyers only, or at least they do to UK addresses anyway

Reactions: m4st4
Do you not have to be from Italy for Zavvi.it to ship to you?

You use to be able to use any Zavvi site to order, but they stopped that. For example I used to order from Zavvi.de all the time, but now I have to have a German address to use that site. I can only order from the Irish site.

Do you not have to be from Italy for Zavvi.it to ship to you?

You use to be able to use any Zavvi site to order, but they stopped that. For example I used to order from Zavvi.de all the time, but now I have to have a German address to use that site. I can only order from the Irish site.
Damn, I didn't know that. Bummer! Back to amazon only. Hopefully we'll get a EU preorder link soon.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
I won't worry too much. This looks like a regular wide release, I'll get to it. Got too stressed over Exorcist release bs anyway. When it gets on regular EU amazons - preorder.