Horror-Theatrical Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - In theaters February 19, 2016

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)

Genre: [GENRE]Romance[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Comedy[/GENRE], [GENRE]Thriller[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Burr Steers[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Lily James[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jack Huston[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Matt Smith[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Douglas Booth[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sam Riley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Bella Heathcote[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Suki Waterhouse[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Emma Greenwell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charles Dance[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lena Headey[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Aisling Loftus[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2016-02-19[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is based off of a 2009 parody novel by Seth Grahame-Smith. It is a mashup combining Jane Austen's classic 1813 novel Pride and Prejudice with elements of modern zombie fiction.[/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
g1KNzSAkQi47BXepEB49FzSK6VY.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

Sources are reporting that James McAvoy is being considered for the lead role in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

If cast, James would take the role or Mr. Darcy in the reinvented world where zombies factor into the Jane Austen epic.

As for his leading lady, sources are pegging Anne Hathaway for the role of Elizabeth Bennett.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja and Flash
I'm a little disappointed that it didn't look as cheesy and over the top as it did in the first trailer, but I reckon it still looks pretty cool! :D

Agreed. This trailer doesn't suit the title of the film at all. The first trailer had just enough cheese for the title to make sense. It still looks cool, though... but damn is it going to bomb at the box office.

Reactions: Noodles
Having now seen this, I can honestly say it completely and pleasantly surprised me, it's actually quite good. I am a fan of all forms, books and the many adaptations of P&P and I found it very clever, you would think it would be ridiculously silly but instead it attempts to stay as close to the story as it can. It tells the story in quite a serious fashion and there just happens to be zombies. It's surprising very well done. The characters are well portrayed, Matt Smith particularly funny as Mr Collins.
It could have gone either way but I think the line is delightfully pitched, thoroughly enjoyable.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles and Drum18