Prince of Darkness (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Nov 29, 2017
Release date: November 5, 2018 - September 28, 2020 (Re-release)
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi) - £25.00 (Amazon)

prince.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I still like the collector's editions more than the steels even though they seem to be pretty fine too, I just wish they would give Prince of Darkness the same treatment...

Does anyone have a clue as to how many copies of this Zavvi will be selling? 5k? 10k? Not limited?
It's likely to be a shared print run in europe

Steelbook so far is getting a release in Germany and UK

I would take a guess at usual 4,000
If shared Zavvi might be getting 2,000
Only the retailers will know exact answer about print run

These John Carpenter steelbooks I expect will sell out

Last edited:
Reactions: Jojopop
Strangely enough a Carpenter film I wouldn't buy. In my opinion the start of his rut as I call it. Shame as I'm normally a fan of his work, well his early stuff mainly..... Shame he never got to do his take on Creature from the Black Lagoon..

@paulboland , you think it will sell out? Scream Factory is far from that but I guess they do 10k run for each.
Btw do you believe they will do a Collectors version of Prince too?

Kind of sucker of everything where it says "John Carpenter" so I will double, triple dip in

It's likely to be a shared print run in europe

Steelbook so far is getting a release in Germany and UK

I would take a guess at usual 4,000
If shared Zavvi might be getting 2,000
Only the retailers will know exact answer about print run

These John Carpenter steelbooks I expect will sell out

@paulboland , you think it will sell out? Scream Factory is far from that but I guess they do 10k run for each.
Btw do you believe they will do a Collectors version of Prince too?

Kind of sucker of everything where it says "John Carpenter" so I will double, triple dip in
Scream Factory Steelbooks yes are print runs of 10,000 each but that's USA/Canada and they are Region A locked
They will eventually sell out :rofl:

UK/Europe a lot of steelbooks have been shared print runs so are more likely to sell out faster been purchased from multiple countries with retailers that ship worldwide

These StudioCanal releases are special with each film been remastered from 4K scan

At the moment there is no 4 disc collector's edition announced for prince of darkness it's only getting a 4K UHD steelbook and a standard Blu-ray Amaray release possibly in a slipcover.
I don't know the official reason as to why there is not a 4 Disc collector's edition release but i'm guessing it's due to CD soundtrack rights issue

Going by web forums and social media there is a lot of interest in the new 4K releases

A lot of the previous StudioCanal Digipack collector's editions have sold out quickly with a few exceptions

I'm just guessing to be honest but I expect these 4K UHD steelbooks are going to sell out a lot faster than some might expect

**** :(

Scream Factory Steelbooks yes are print runs of 10,000 each but that's USA/Canada and they are Region A locked
They will eventually sell out :rofl:

UK/Europe a lot of steelbooks have been shared print runs so are more likely to sell out faster been purchased from multiple countries with retailers that ship worldwide

These StudioCanal releases are special with each film been remastered from 4K scan

At the moment there is no 4 disc collector's edition announced for prince of darkness it's only getting a 4K UHD steelbook and a standard Blu-ray Amaray release possibly in a slipcover.
I don't know the official reason as to why there is not a 4 Disc collector's edition release but i'm guessing it's due to CD soundtrack rights issue

Going by web forums and social media there is a lot of interest in the new 4K releases

A lot of the previous StudioCanal Digipack collector's editions have sold out quickly with a few exceptions

I'm just guessing to be honest but I expect these 4K UHD steelbooks are going to sell out a lot faster than some might expect

That's what I was thinking as well, I would have been happy if they released it a bit cheaper without the cd.
I suppose they could have replaced the CD soundtrack with a DVD instead but that might have confused some customers

If digipack had of been 3 discs instead of 4 it would have meant not same size as the other 3 films collector's editions digipacks and also slipbox would have had to been smaller as a result

StudioCanal can really only provide the reasons as to why they not done a digipack collector's edition release with poster booklet and artcards and that's if they willing to answer that question :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: hoppusdelonge
Debit card has been charged

Zavvi must be getting steelbook stock early as amaray release date is November 26th with Zavvi and other UK retailers