snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 13th, 2014
Purchase links:
Amazon.de
Notes: Inside artwork, gloss finish front cover, spot gloss treatment on back cover

81wWUQ-iXxL._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 326
Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. It's quite a lazy Steelbook for the high price. Pretty much the same cover art reused on the inside. And the back's a bit of a cop out :(

Also that red circle on the front just reminds me of the PRESTIGE Steelbook.

Pretty harsh, I wouldn't say EUR 22 is a high price for a new release amazon are asking EUR 16 for amaray and it's 8 less than The Wolf of Wall Street steelbook.

The fronts got a nice gloss finish and artwork is OK, all the posters had Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal head shots I believe.

Have you even seen this movie as I think putting the maze on the back with spot gloss effect is relevant and looks great, at least it's not got a printed back in fact no German text at all, glad I ordered.

Reactions: djprodikis
Pretty harsh, I wouldn't say EUR 22 is a high price for a new release amazon are asking EUR 16 for amaray and it's 8 less than The Wolf of Wall Street steelbook.

The fronts got a nice gloss finish and artwork is OK, all the posters had Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal head shots I believe.

Have you even seen this movie as I think putting the maze on the back with spot gloss effect is relevant and looks great, at least it's not got a printed back in fact no German text at all, glad I ordered.

I've seen the movie. I just think it's a lazy effort with the choices of images. At least it's got a gloss finish. The movie's quite good too.

Reactions: redlemon
Ordered one. There were 576 copies left when I checked.

I had a 5 euro credit on .de floating around, so I used it for this and Cloud Atlas. Got both shipped for 28 euros.

I think the maze on the back looks pretty good, but the front art could be for absolutely any other film.
The price would definitely have to drop alot before I would order this.

As much as this looks well produced with the gloss and spot gloss, and as much as I want a steel of this film, that artwork just isn't doing it for me. Hoping to see something better for this for a UK release.

Reactions: lgans316