PS4 PS2 Classics coming to the PS4!

bloodsnake007

Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Fan-Favorite PS2 Games Launching on PS4 Tomorrow

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/12/04/fan-favorite-ps2-games-launching-on-ps4-tomorrow/
PS2 Games.JPG

Hello everyone. As we continue our celebration of the PlayStation 20th anniversary, we want to take a look back at the heritage that helped propel us to the brand that we are today. PlayStation 2 holds a special place in the hearts of many gamers who have fond memories of playing some of the biggest franchises in gaming.

PS2 remains the best-selling console of all time, thanks in part to the revolutionary tech built into the box, such as support for the DVD format for games and movies, a powerful graphics processor, and specialized chips for particle effects and physics. Above and beyond the technical innovations that made PS2 stand apart is the huge catalog of amazing and much loved games, such as Dark Cloud, Twisted Metal: Black, and the PS2-era classic Grand Theft Auto games, Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, just to name a few.

To celebrate our PS2 heritage, I’m excited to announce that starting tomorrow (12/5/15), you will be able to purchase and play PS2 games on your PS4 via PlayStation Store in the Americas and Europe.

We are getting things started with a bang by launching with eight fan favorites tomorrow:

• Dark Cloud — $14.99
  • Grand Theft Auto III — $14.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City — $14.99
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas — $14.99
  • Rogue Galaxy — $14.99
  • The Mark of Kri — $14.99
  • Twisted Metal: Black — $9.99
  • War of the Monsters — $9.99
Having these titles available on PS4 is already incredibly exciting for us, but we did not stop there. We have brought these titles forward to meet today’s gaming standards by adding Trophy support! Each title’s Trophy set has been carefully developed in conjunction with feedback from the original creators to be sure that they capture the spirit and feeling of each game.

Also, you will be able to experience all of these PS2 games like never before — in up-rendered 1080p with the features you expect from a PS4 game including Remote Play, Live Broadcast, Share Play, Activity Feeds, and Second Screen support for game manuals with PlayStation Vita or PlayStation App.

And if you’re attending PlayStation Experience in San Francisco this weekend, you’ll be able to play these PS2 games on PS4 at the show floor:

• Dark Cloud
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
  • PaRappa the Rapper 2 (coming soon)
  • Rogue Galaxy
  • The King of Fighters 2000 (coming soon)
  • The Mark of Kri
  • War of the Monsters

gaming.gif

I read about GTA:SA coming to PS3 a few days ago, and was a bit bummed that it wasn't PS4, so this news makes me very happy! Definitely going to buy all of the GTA's and replay them. :D

GTA SA has been released on PS3 again, a physical copy, with trophy support might pick it up :naughty::hungry:
I'm usually not too bothered about trophies, but for some reason they're a big selling point for me with these. It's a shame they didn't show any gameplay for GTA in the trailer, but I can't wait to replay them all!

Reactions: luke98
I read about GTA:SA coming to PS3 a few days ago, and was a bit bummed that it wasn't PS4, so this news makes me very happy! Definitely going to buy all of the GTA's and replay them. :D
For some reason, no matter the service, the old GTA's are always the the first to show up.This has to be the tenth time these games have been remade, remastered or added Achievement/Trophy support.And people keep buying them.I just don't understand.

Hilarious that the platinum trophies cost you an extra $5. All PS2 games coming to PS4 are $14.99 and include platinum trophies, except two... Twisted Metal: Black and War of the Monsters. Both of those games are $9.99 and do not include platinum trophies. So, basically, Sony is charging an additional $5 for platinum trophies.

For some reason, no matter the service, the old GTA's are always the the first to show up.This has to be the tenth time these games have been remade, remastered or added Achievement/Trophy support.And people keep buying them.I just don't understand.
I'm buying them because it'll be the first time I've played them since their original release. Some people may have never even played them before (maybe they were too young and/or had strict parents), so I guess now is their chance. They're great games with a lot of replayabilitly and the series has a huge fan base. Whatever the reason, Rockstar no doubt make a lot of money from them, otherwise they wouldn't keep remastering them.

I don't mind them re-releasing these games with updated graphics and trophies, i just can't see myself spending more than like $5 - $7 a piece on the PS2 games. I guess i'll be waiting for a sale.

Quantic Dream has announced the PS2 version of its classic game Fahrenheit – Indigo Prophecy is going to be released on PS4 with a “1080p remaster” coming to the PlayStation Store on July 18th :thumbs: And yes, it will feature trophies! :hungry:

Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy - PS4.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey and tridon
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/05/rockstars-ps2-brawler-game-the-warriors-is-out-now-on-ps4/
Rockstar has released The Warriors, a PS2 classic, on the PS4 today. The game can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store and includes 1080p resolution support, Remote Play and Trophies. The game is based off of the 1979 movie of the same name and is a brawler set in New York City that tells the story of a street gang wrongly accused of murder.

the-warriors-ds1-670x377-constrain.jpg

The game’s description reads as follows:
“New York, 1979. A battle on the streets. The armies of the night number 60,000 strong, and tonight they’re all afterThe Warriors – a street gang wrongly accused of killing a rival gang leader. The Warriors must make their way from one end of New York to their turf on the other side of the city. All that stands between The Warriors and their survival are 20 miles and thousands of street gang members.”

To download The Warriors you’ll need 3.1GB of storage space.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Noodles
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07/05/rockstars-ps2-brawler-game-the-warriors-is-out-now-on-ps4/
Rockstar has released The Warriors, a PS2 classic, on the PS4 today. The game can be downloaded from the PlayStation Store and includes 1080p resolution support, Remote Play and Trophies. The game is based off of the 1979 movie of the same name and is a brawler set in New York City that tells the story of a street gang wrongly accused of murder.

the-warriors-ds1-670x377-constrain.jpg

The game’s description reads as follows:
“New York, 1979. A battle on the streets. The armies of the night number 60,000 strong, and tonight they’re all afterThe Warriors – a street gang wrongly accused of killing a rival gang leader. The Warriors must make their way from one end of New York to their turf on the other side of the city. All that stands between The Warriors and their survival are 20 miles and thousands of street gang members.”

To download The Warriors you’ll need 3.1GB of storage space.
Hell yeah! I never got around to playing it on PS2, so was hoping they'd release it on PS4 sooner or later. Without a doubt one of my favourite films... can't wait to finally check out the game. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Hell yeah! I never got around to playing it on PS2, so was hoping they'd release it on PS4 sooner or later. Without a doubt one of my favourite films... can't wait to finally check out the game. :D
I enjoyed the hell out of this game on the PS2 :thumbs: Might get it when it's on sale :hungry:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
PS2 Classic Metal Slug Anthology Released on PS4

SNK’s Metal Slug Anthology was released today on the PS4, and is currently available on the North American PlayStation Store.

Interestingly, the game doesn’t seem to be part of the titles that use the PS4’s emulation feature, and the video output is limited to 1080i. A perhaps less interesting element is the price, $19.99.

Of course, whether the anthology is worth the price is up to you, considering that it includes the following seven games.
  • Metal Slug
  • Metal Slug 2
  • Metal Slug X
  • Metal Slug 3
  • Metal Slug 4
  • Metal Slug 5
  • Metal Slug 6