ps3 slim is it worth getting if you have the fat

Hi and happy new year to you all.

Not sure if this has been discussed but anyway. Im looking at getting a slim 250gig no deals on at mo so just basic package.

Going to get it for the wifes kids for xmas well thats the story im going with as ive not got them anything yet. Then put the slim in the living room and put the fat in basement for them.

Is this worth it as to play any games together we would need two copies still and i dont plan on buying games twice, do i only have to buy the DLC once and put it on both ps3 this is more so they can watch blus in the basement should i just get a cheapo 99$ blu-player and save $$$$ what you think.

Also the DL games i have at the mo how would i get them on both machines or is it just on one.

if you get 2 PS3 games you can put the same PSN game on them both and DL the game onto them from the store. In the recently downloaded area (which is the middle, tiny, box in the top right).

You can play against each other, and DLC will work on both PS3 systems. IDK which is the cheaper model PS3, but you can get the cheaper one and buy a 500gb HDD and install it for the same price as getting the higher priced slim.

It's SOOOOOOO easy. 5 screws out, 5 screws in. 5 minutes at most.

You can also put digital movies on the 500gb and watch it through the PS3 without the need for a disc, PLUS the PS3 plays BDs so you wont need to get a BD player...