paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom UK - HMV
Price: £25.00 (Amazon) - £24.99 (Zavvi- Zoom - HMV)

41qJAl+wLTL._AC_SY400_.jpg

31XYp5+dqiL._AC_SY400_.jpg 315Rcmg9HTL._AC_SY400_.jpg 41SxrLn+zbL._AC_SY400_.jpg
/SPOILER]

Last edited:
INCLUDES 2 VERSIONS OF PSYCHO

• PSYCHO UNCUT: The extended version of the movie as seen in theaters in 1960 is exactly as intended by Alfred Hitchcock and now available with additional footage for the first time ever
  • PSYCHO: The most widely seen version of the movie was edited for content and subsequently used for TV broadcasts, theatrical re-releases and home entertainment over the last 60 years
BONUS FEATURES

• The Making of Psycho
  • In the Master’s Shadow: Hitchcock’s Legacy
  • Hitchcock / Truffaut Interview Excerpts
  • Newsreel Footage: The Release of Psycho
  • The Shower Scene: With and Without Music
  • The Shower Sequence: Storyboards by Saul Bass Feature Commentary with Stephen Rebello (author of Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho)
  • And More

41qJAl+wLTL._AC_SY400_.jpg 31XYp5+dqiL._AC_SY400_.jpg 315Rcmg9HTL._AC_SY400_.jpg 41SxrLn+zbL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: djjez83
Not sure whether to get this or not.

I recently bought a Psycho steelbook brand new and when I opened there was no disc inside, so I still need to get this film, but it would be a lot cheaper to just buy the blu-ray and stick it in the empty steelbook.

Reactions: crib79
INCLUDES 2 VERSIONS OF PSYCHO

• PSYCHO UNCUT: The extended version of the movie as seen in theaters in 1960 is exactly as intended by Alfred Hitchcock and now available with additional footage for the first time ever
Now that's actually a lie. The uncut version was released by Turbine 1 ½ years ago on BR.

Interested to see what footage is included in the extended version, also if the both versions will be available on the blu-ray or the 4K disc only.
It will likely be on both
Now that's actually a lie. The uncut version was released by Turbine 1 ½ years ago on BR.
UK and USA its first time ever available

Turbine edition was not released UK/USA
Turbine release is Blu-ray not 4K UHD

It will likely be on both

UK and USA its first time ever available

Turbine edition was not released UK/USA
Turbine release is Blu-ray not 4K UHD

Well, it doesn't say "For the first time ever in UK and USA". :whistle:

By the way, the old UK VHS version did in fact contain this footage. Most European theatrical and/or VHS versions actually did, prior to the DVD.

Ah so it's the 'Turbine' extended version getting a UK release:

Psycho (Comparison: R-Rated - Uncut) - Movie-Censorship.com

If so then my interest is now alot lower, minimal extra footage looking at the movie-censorship link
Its only a few secens and only 54 seconds of extra footage
Its nice to have uncut but some might not even notice the difference :rofl:

I already have the Turbine deluxe edition but will still be getting this steelbook and also the 4K UHD Hitchcock Classics Collection edition

Psycho on Blu-ray I already have 7 editions and DVD 3 editions and 2 VHS editions

Zavvi
£24.99

Zoom UK
£24.99

Last edited: