paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 7, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - Zoom UK - HMV
Price: £14.99 (Amazon - Zoom - HMV) - £15.99 (Zavvi)

91yususVwuL._AC_SY445_.jpg

Last edited:
INCLUDES 2 VERSIONS OF PSYCHO

• PSYCHO UNCUT: The extended version of the movie as seen in theaters in 1960 is exactly as intended by Alfred Hitchcock and now available with additional footage for the first time ever
  • PSYCHO: The most widely seen version of the movie was edited for content and subsequently used for TV broadcasts, theatrical re-releases and home entertainment over the last 60 years
BONUS FEATURES

• The Making of Psycho
  • In the Master’s Shadow: Hitchcock’s Legacy
  • Hitchcock / Truffaut Interview Excerpts
  • Newsreel Footage: The Release of Psycho
  • The Shower Scene: With and Without Music
  • The Shower Sequence: Storyboards by Saul Bass Feature Commentary with Stephen Rebello (author of Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho)
  • And More

Reactions: chunk and Robles
INCLUDES 2 VERSIONS OF PSYCHO

• PSYCHO UNCUT: The extended version of the movie as seen in theaters in 1960 is exactly as intended by Alfred Hitchcock and now available with additional footage for the first time ever
  • PSYCHO: The most widely seen version of the movie was edited for content and subsequently used for TV broadcasts, theatrical re-releases and home entertainment over the last 60 years
BONUS FEATURES

• The Making of Psycho
  • In the Master’s Shadow: Hitchcock’s Legacy
  • Hitchcock / Truffaut Interview Excerpts
  • Newsreel Footage: The Release of Psycho
  • The Shower Scene: With and Without Music
  • The Shower Sequence: Storyboards by Saul Bass Feature Commentary with Stephen Rebello (author of Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho)
  • And More

Hi Paul, It says that "psycho uncut" has never been released before, do you know how much longer the uncut version is? I've got 3 or 4 different blu ray editions of this film and I just wanted to know if this was worth picking up straight away, or maybe I'll wait a while for a price drop.. is the slip limited?

Hi Paul, It says that "psycho uncut" has never been released before, do you know how much longer the uncut version is? I've got 3 or 4 different blu ray editions of this film and I just wanted to know if this was worth picking up straight away, or maybe I'll wait a while for a price drop.. is the slip limited?
Slip will be first pressing only as it is with all standard releases

Best to pre order if you want to make sure you get a slip as after release date can be pot luck if you get one

Psycho uncut has been released before on Blu-ray from Turbine Media in Germany

The uncut version is only 54 seconds extra
Uncut version (109:05)
R-rated version (108:51)

Details below

• Informative
Reactions: chunk
Slip will be first pressing only as it is with all standard releases

Best to pre order if you want to make sure you get a slip as after release date can be pot luck if you get one

Psycho uncut has been released before on Blu-ray from Turbine Media in Germany

The uncut version is only 54 seconds extra
Uncut version (109:05)
R-rated version (108:51)

Details below

Thank you so much Paul, that was really helpful :thumbs:
I passed on that amazon de edition, I don't think I had the funds at the time.
I just watched the youtube clip you added, it doesn't appear to be worth the £15 for extra/longer scenes as they don't really add too much more so I'll happily stick with the Editions I have and pick up the disc when there is a price drop.

Really appreciate you going to the trouble of adding the links and yt vid, very informative as always, many thanks:notworthy:

Reactions: paulboland