Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: December 5, 2022
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £34.99

81hsEhRlVWL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71oqD6i+jxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71jvDN9XJaL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 71NwOaPR-DL._AC_SL1500_.jpg 91jDbQAdoXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Yep just like above it’s an incredible transfer. The QT films are really turning out stunning for the 4K transfers, this, RD and IB are all amazing. Can’t wait for Jackie Brown and Kill Bill next year and hopefully Django and Death Proof soon too.

Yep just like above it’s an incredible transfer. The QT films are really turning out stunning for the 4K transfers, this, RD and IB are all amazing. Can’t wait for Jackie Brown and Kill Bill next year and hopefully Django and Death Proof soon too.
Releasing Kill Bill in 4K would be a good opportunity to finally give us 'The whole bloody affair' cut...

Releasing Kill Bill in 4K would be a good opportunity to finally give us 'The whole bloody affair' cut...
Waited long enough I hope it pays off soon. Literally can’t believe it will be 20 years old next year. I was in college when it came out! At least RD, PF, and JB actually feel 20 yrs old. KB don’t at all

Reactions: leelee17
Inglorious is an incredible transfer. Who told you that?
It was everywhere, people saying it was a very bad 4K disc and no better than the blu ray. Well glad for you if it’s good. Was just curious by the difference of opinion. Probably because it is known that they didn’t go back to original negative and re scan, choosing to upscale the blu ray transfer and tweak it. If it’s pretty good; imagine how good it could have looked. Not my cup of tea but I’m always interested in these things.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flloydo
It was everywhere, people saying it was a very bad 4K disc and no better than the blu ray. Well glad for you if it’s good. Was just curious by the difference of opinion
Oh honestly I don’t remember seeing any of that. It’s great in 4K. I’m going through the QTs again atm so I’ll give it another go soon but I’m sure I remember being very impressed. The definition and colours really popped and I remember seeing detail I hadn’t seen before. Same as RD and PF. I specifically remember the reds looking incredible in IB. And there’s a lot of red

Reactions: Retro Parrot
As much as I love Death Proof it's the one Tarantino movie I can't imagine getting a 4K release..
I'd love to be proved wrong, of course...
I’m the same. I feel it will never get one. And tbh that’s fine. It suits the film how it is. But then I didn’t think the earlier QTs could improve and I was wrong

Plus DP aswell as KB and IG are my favourite QTs so I’m really looking forward to KB and fingers crossed for DP

I’m the same. I feel it will never get one. And tbh that’s fine. It suits the film how it is. But then I didn’t think the earlier QTs could improve and I was wrong

Plus DP aswell as KB and IG are my favourite QTs so I’m really looking forward to KB and fingers crossed for DP
I suspect we they will just continue to release them from now. Although it took like what a year of rumours to get RD and PF and from dusk til dawn had a pre order page last year and that just vanished into the aether. Still I utterly love Death Proof and hope we get one.

Oh honestly I don’t remember seeing any of that. It’s great in 4K. I’m going through the QTs again atm so I’ll give it another go soon but I’m sure I remember being very impressed. The definition and colours really popped and I remember seeing detail I hadn’t seen before. Same as RD and PF. I specifically remember the reds looking incredible in IB. And there’s a lot of red
Reds and yellows always look better on this format. I love the look of a really well done transfer when they’ve gone right back to the original negative. Such a fantastic twinkle because it’s effectively 24 individual photographs for each second so even a still shot or establishing shot has 24 different pics and the grain is never the same. Really it’s better than seeing it in the cinema because the cinema print was always at least one print away from the original. We have never seen the original negative in the cinema. when blu ray came out ,the focus was always on uniformity of picture but now on some films remastered from the original negative we can clearly see the change of film stock depending on lighting conditions etc; really tight grain on brightly lit or outdoor shots right down to chunky grain in darkly lit interiors or night shots and sometimes where the editor or director has chosen to crop the frame on the negative leading to more visable grain, maybe even because the wrong lens was used and they wanted a tighter crop. This is way it should look and it’s nice to see.

Attachments

• 1427C3A4-CDDC-49CE-936D-EC350EC1379F.jpeg
    1427C3A4-CDDC-49CE-936D-EC350EC1379F.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
  • 03FE4170-769D-4CE5-A20D-841AAC488274.jpeg
    03FE4170-769D-4CE5-A20D-841AAC488274.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 77