Rambo: First Blood - 40th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [Germany]

Masta Norris

"It's all part of the plan." (D.k., '21)
Premium Supporter
Aug 14, 2015
DE-NW
Release date: November 24, 2022
Purchase links: JPC - Amazon DE
Price: €37.99 (JPC) - €31.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Artwork by Matt Ryan Tobin - Includes Pet Slip and Booklet

61URdFG0X4L._SL1500_.jpg

81bka6Ig-LL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, saw that earlier. Looks like a pet slip with a booklet behind. Would help explain the 35euro price. Looks like some of the foreground steel design is actually on the slip and not the steel itself, could work quite well if so. Peaked my interest.
Deffinitly got me thinking about cancelling my £60 Zavvi order and saving half and getting this instead when it has the extra content too.

Makes sense the French are getting the best version, Studiocanal after all are from there. At least no backwards spine this time.

Reactions: samdavies
I'm guessing the PET slip just has that alternative title on the front.
France Release
Reason why there is a slip and has title Rambo is that was the title of the film in France back in 1982 when film was released in Cinemas there

As the SteelBook itself is a share print run they needed to include a slip for France release

For those interested the rambo films soundtracks

Rambo: The Jerry Goldsmith Vinyl Collection

I got delivery today of the German SteelBook
Note
It's only the UHD disc that has the new extras and not the Blu-ray
Germany and France SteelBooks has the correct UHD disc

For those that purchased the UK SteelBook the UHD disc in that release has by mistake previous UK 2018 encoding
StudioCanal UK will be doing a UHD disc replacement program in early 2023 in regards to UK SteelBook
Details how to get that UK replacement disc will be provided later in 2023

I got delivery today of the German SteelBook
Note
It's only the UHD disc that has the new extras and not the Blu-ray
Germany and France SteelBooks has the correct UHD disc

For those that purchased the UK SteelBook the UHD disc in that release has by mistake previous UK 2018 encoding
StudioCanal UK will be doing a UHD disc replacement program in early 2023 in regards to UK SteelBook
Details how to get that UK replacement disc will be provided later in 2023
Cheers @paulboland