1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Playing Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor presently and I must say it's pretty damn good. :)

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

A review on it...

It's been a while since I played a game that has provided so much fun for me. In a day where we're flooded with multiplayer-focused games with thin stories and 6-hour or less "campaigns", Shadow of Mordor is really a breath of fresh air. Simply put, I can sit down and play this game and just have simple, unadulterated fun with it.

The game is deep enough to provide some interesting RPG elements (leveling up attributes, learning new skills, collecting runes to add different powers to your weapons and deciding which ones are the best to fit your play style, etc.), but stays simple enough to feel fun to play no matter what you choose or how you choose to play. You never feel hindered by choosing one attribute over the other or learning one skill first before another.

The gameplay itself has been criticised for "being an Assassin's Creed rip-off". But hold on now...let's not forget a little game released in 2003 called Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, which came long before both. Uncharted also uses this leaping/grabbing/acrobatic-style gameplay to great effect. The Assassin's Creed series (it has fallen victim to the CoD one-a-year treatment), but the point trying to be made here is this: although the games have similar mechanics, I feel Shadow of Mordor uses it to a greater, and more fun, effect. Simply put, don't let the haters detract you from at least trying the game.

The core fighting gameplay is very fun. You can complete the game using button mashing if you desire, but certain unlockable skills later on reward you for timed combos. Fighting 1-5 enemies or so is an easy affair; however when you get ambushed by a Captain and they bring in 30 or 40 Uruks to aide them, the tides turn a bit and you are constantly kept on your toes by having to counter attacks and keep your combo counter up to perform executions. I especially enjoy the stealth gameplay; performing aerial takedowns and "brutalizing" Uruks which makes enemies flee is very satisfying.

The Nemesis system is also done very well. Enemies will remember you if you fight them, do not kill them, and come back to them later. Scars from the battle will remain on their bodies. You can gain intel from lower-ranked Uruks to learn the weaknesses of the Captains which will help you defeat them quicker (example: some Uruks might be able to be killed instantly by a stealth attack, or a charged bow shot to the head). Learning intel also tells you their strengths; some Captains, for example, are enraged when they are on fire and will become stronger and regenerate health. It makes for some very interesting fights.

The gameplay missions are varied by objectives of different kinds; you have the main story missions which progress the overall plot, but there are also side missions, which range from upgrading your weapons to participating in helping one Captain overthrow another, and more. There are also various things to collect inside the game world that reveal lore and backstory in the game, and small "missions" that add to the overall game percentage completion (collecting herbs, hunting).

In all, the game is very well done. I've had so much fun with this one that even an occasional minor glitch (which I personally haven't experienced yet but have heard about) doesn't detract from the fun I've had. If you're a fan of LotR, or you just want a fun, action-packed game in general, definitely pick this one up and give it a shot.

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Goes to The Last Of Us . The voice acting draws you in . Enough of a mix of stealth /shoot em . One happy bunny here crawling around doing the take downs.

One small gripe when Joel is not in combat I know why thay chose that as his name as he has one speed and that is stroll :banghead:.

@Noodles no wounder you where impressed :thumbs: . Great sticky :oohyeah:.

@PunkNinja I BOW to you for this thread :notworthy: :kiss: .

The Wolf Among Us - :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

For the last God knows how long I've just switched between playing GTAV and Destiny (which are both 5 star/ninja games IMO). However, I did recently purchase The Wolf Among Us from the PS Store and was disappointed with myself for leaving it this long, as it's a great game!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
Call Of Juarez : GunSlinger - :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

What an Awesome game.How did i not know of this game before?Ps Plus finally delivers.If anyone still has their ps3 ,download and enjoy.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: PunkNinja
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate - :ninja::ninja:

After being a fan of the series since the beginning, I felt massively let down with ACS... they went backwards rather than forwards. It's basically just become CoD now IMO... repolish the last game/give it a new shiny skin and release every year. I could maybe have forgiven this if the story was at least half decent.

Fallout 4 - :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

I'm yet to actually complete Fallout 4 (mainly because I spend so much time building and exploring), but I can already tell it's a top contender for game of the year. There's loads to do and something different around every corner. The characters you encounter and their dialogue is pretty awesome too. I'll definitely be playing this for a while to come.

Star Wars: Battlefront - :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

It's pretty much everything I wanted from a Star Wars game. They've nailed it as far as I'm concerned... I genuinely feel like I'm IN Star Wars whenever I play it. The game looks absolutely gorgeous too... I've lost count of how many times I've been shot in the back because I was too busy admiring the landscapes and skies (and not forgetting the Ewoks). Whether I'm winning or losing, I always find myself enjoying it, which can't be said for a lot of games nowadays.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
The Division -
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

The game looks gorgeous and was great fun to begin with, but once you've completed the main story (which literally took me a day) and redone all the missions a dozen times it soon becomes quite repetitive and boring. Same applies for the Darkzone... same thing over and over again, only there you have real players to get in your way and make the experience frustrating.

Nioh (Alpha Demo) : Seems like this could be an interesting game with some more thought put into a better balance of difficulty. On the surface it seems exactly like the Souls series, so much so that veterans of those games will feel right at home... that is until they actually try to play it the same way and get wrecked by the very first goon they encounter. Multiple times. Unfortunately the tutorial elements are spread way too far apart and you are effectively left to figure out alot on your own. You couldn't really blame anyone on this note for giving up before they even truly get started. As a demo, designed to give you a taste of a forthcoming product, it fumbles an oppurtunity to go for broad appeal...but if you trudge along enough (for hours really!) you'll reach the point where things start to click... you start to get feel of a complex battle system that's perhaps hampered by others like an unnecessary durability bar on weapons/armour. I personally can't help feeling the game would benefit from less RPG elements and less stamina management. While stamina is crucial and you could argue, adds a sense of importance to every fight, I feel like it slows things down way too much and also sucks the fun out of the very idea of trying to battle more than one single enemy at a time. I won't hold my breath on a massive overhaul as it seems Team Ninja are keen on sticking superficially close to Souls' system for better or worse, but with some refinement I think the game could deliver as a true samurai action game, the likes of which most would feel we've never really seen done right despite the appeal of the genre.

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

Inside -
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png

If you like puzzle-platformers with an intriguing (and quite dark) story, then this is definitely a game for you. Hell, even if you don't usually like those things, then I'd still recommend anyone to give it a go. Easily my favourite game of 2016 so far!

GONE HOME: CONSOLE EDITION (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

Gone Home is a good game, but it's nothing too special in my opinion. I don't truly understand the praise behind it. It tells a good story, but it's short, brief, and mediocre. Nice graphics, though.

FIREWATCH (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

Top-notch voice-acting and a gorgeous setting, but the insane amount of frame-rate drops keeps this away from gaming perfection.

ABZÛ (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
halfn-png.127233

Absolutely beautiful -- like playing Journey underwater. Swimming alongside fish, whales, sharks, and prehistoric creatures is breathtaking.

INSIDE (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

My favourite game of 2016 so far. Playdead is one of the best indie developers out there today. This game is hauntingly beautiful and a big improvement over the already-great Limbo. A definite must-play.

OXENFREE (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is one great indie! There's nothing overly amazing about the gameplay, but the story and voice-acting is excellent! Definitely a game from last year that deserves more recognition. This is also the first game from Robert Kirkman's Skybound (The Walking Dead, Invincible, Outcast).

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles and Noodles
Got myself Final Fantasy XV near the end of last month. Have never played all of the FF games but have spent considerable amount of time on 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 & 10. It certainly is a jump from the last few and it feels grounded as a game that can rightfully stand on its own. Many of the others have tried to use a similar formula but FFXV tries to change things. Some do not like the live action but i think it works great. The game is vast, the music is great, the characters are cool and the game-play is really terrific. Oh and did i mention the graphics? Incredible! And with an accompanying movie at its side, this is a new classic in the making. My only recommendation is to get your hands on a strategy guide because there are tons of things to explore.
Final_Fantasy_XV_Logo.jpg

1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

OXENFREE (2016)
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234
1n-png.127234

This is one great indie! There's nothing overly amazing about the gameplay, but the story and voice-acting is excellent! Definitely a game from last year that deserves more recognition. This is also the first game from Robert Kirkman's Skybound (The Walking Dead, Invincible, Outcast).
First I've heard of this one, but after looking it up I'm now dying to play it! Plus anything you recommend I'm more than happy to give a go. :D

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon