Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Hellboy ( 2019 )

1580606895608.png
1580606901693.png
1580606909219.png
1580606915943.png

Read that this got some pretty bad reviews and that it more than likely now wont got a follow on, shame as i thought this was tons better than the originals.

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (2019)
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png
empty.png

The worst thing about Kevin Smith's movies is Kevin Smith himself. Some of the cameos were pretty fun though.

Sleepy Hollow (1999)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

Learned a fair bit from rewatching this after so many years, like the fact it's R-rated... forgot it actually contained quite a lot of blood - speaking of which, the special effects still hold up really well today, specifically one particular scene with the Horseman towards the end. Plus Ray Park (better known for Darth Maul) did all the action/stunt sequences for the Headless Horseman, so pretty much the majority of that character's scenes. Lots of familiar faces that I recognise in it now too, but didn't back in the day. Wish Burton would go back to doing darker and gorier films like this to be honest... hopefully he does exactly that with the upcoming Beetlejuice sequel.

Reactions: GeoRattray
Learned a fair bit from rewatching this after so many years, like the fact it's R-rated... forgot it actually contained quite a lot of blood - speaking of which, the special effects still hold up really well today, specifically one particular scene with the Horseman towards the end. Plus Ray Park (better known for Darth Maul) did all the action/stunt sequences for the Headless Horseman, so pretty much the majority of that character's scenes. Lots of familiar faces that I recognise in it now too, but didn't back in the day. Wish Burton would go back to doing darker and gorier films like this to be honest... hopefully he does exactly that with the upcoming Beetlejuice sequel.

Yep a great film and unlike his recent output very very watchable. And yep playing spot the guest stars from Christopher Lee to Martin Landau is fun in that one...

Reactions: Noodles
Detroit (2017)
1581551718953.png
1581551787535.png
1581551791540.png
1581551795207.png
1581552333194.png

This is one of the better social dramas and has very good actors, even on the ones in the supporting roles. The side-plot about the music-industry of the Motown is also interesting and interwoven with the main-story very well.
It is also worth another watch, because of the nice setting and the suspense from the beginning to the end. The movie combines elements of earlier movies about the subject in a good way and has some very heavy scenes.
The movies that came to my mind when I saw it and that surely had influences on the production were Blue Power with Kurt Russel and Fruitvale Station from Forrest Whittaker.

Reactions: vexred
Detroit (2017)
View attachment 461952View attachment 461958View attachment 461959View attachment 461960View attachment 461961

This is one of the better social dramas and has very good actors, even on the ones in the supporting roles. The side-plot about the music-industry of the Motown is also interesting and interwoven with the main-story very well.
It is also worth another watch, because of the nice setting and the suspense from the beginning to the end. The movie combines elements of earlier movies about the subject in a good way and has some very heavy scenes.
The movies that came to my mind when I saw it and that surely had influences on the production were Blue Power with Kurt Russel and Fruitvale Station from Forrest Whittaker.
I mean Dark Blue with Kurt Russel. That one was very good. I also watched Blue Collar with Harvey Keitel, that is worth a watch I think. You must watch the trailer "If you`re rich you can buy it - if you`re anything else you gonna fight for it" -that`s good.

Last edited:
Penny Dreadful Series (2014-2016)

1581551718953.png
1581551787535.png
1581551791540.png
1581551795207.png
1581552333194.png

Excellent BSkyB Horror series. It is more like a real movie with different parts and made very well.

The Dark Crystal (1982)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

Probably worth 4 stars to be fair, but I was tired and kept dozing towards the end. :p

OKAY!
Haven’t been here for a hot minute so this is going to be a bit of an info dump:

BIRDS OF PREY:
6.5/10

Ford V Ferrari:
8.5/10

Doctor Sleep: Directors Cut:
8/10

Marvel’s The Avengers: Endgame:
5.5/10

Star Wars: Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker:
4.5/10

The Lighthouse:
9/10

Parasite:
9/10

Terminator: Dark Fate:
6.5/10 (Honestly the best that this franchise has been in the last 29 years)

Sonic: The Hedgehog:
6/10

Knives Out:
8/10

Cats:
2/10 (Honestly I watched it drunk and it was a great time)

Joker (2019):
3.5/10

Midsommar (2019)
1583058481542.png
1583058486236.png
1583058488955.png

I know I will remember this movie, because its setting is quite unique. It has parralels to the movie "Safe" with Julian Moore, where she got a psychosomatic disease and found help in a sect on the land, that brainwashed her. The mix-up with the story of some students getting lost is ok, but also nothing special because it has this simple plot, that must go in only one way (all her friends get lost and she survives) for getting it a sect-brainfucker. It is all interwoven in the story and so on, but predictable. I often thought "when is it over?". But nice filmed and good camera are positive points and it also has good actors, that played well.

Reactions: jasong
Once Upon A Time In America
9/10
This really should have taken the Oscar. I loved Parasite, but this is wonderful. Tarantino’s love affair with LA. The feel of this film is so good. The music, acting. I love it. 2nd watch was a delight.

Once Upon A Time In America
9/10
This really should have taken the Oscar. I loved Parasite, but this is wonderful. Tarantino’s love affair with LA. The feel of this film is so good. The music, acting. I love it. 2nd watch was a delight.
I think you meant Once Upon A Time In Hollywood!! :p :)

• Haha
Reactions: jasong
The Light at the Edge of the World 29th October 1971

1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

A lighthouse keeper (Kirk Douglas) fights a pirate (Yul Brynner) who takes the island to shipwreck ships of Cape Horn in 1865. This is based on a Jules Verne story but this is no 20 Thousand Leagues under the Sea. This a brutal film more akin to Reservoir Dogs. A superb film only available at long last on blu-ray. The two hours fly by in no time but be warned this is not a film for the squeamish.
My copy arrived two days before Kirk Douglas died. 103 not a bad innings at all.....

The Michael Caine film The Island is heavily influenced by this film including the ending