Rate the Movie You Recently Watched

PunkNinja

Bring The Good Times Home
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jan 3, 2013
USA
Use the Ninjas for rating (copy and paste)

Half Ninja = Terrible

HalfN.png

1 Ninja = Poor
1N.png

2 Ninjas = Ok
1N.png
1N.png

3 Ninjas = Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

4 Ninjas = Very Good
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

5 Ninjas = Excellent
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png
1N.png

movieratings.jpg
movierate.jpg

Last edited:
Anna (2019)
full.png
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png

I fully expected this to be a dud, especially after everyone else hated on it. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it... great action, interesting plot, and the girl who played the lead was great! Would love to see Luc Besson direct a female-led Marvel film tbh.

Anna (2019)
View attachment 463731View attachment 463731View attachment 463731View attachment 463731View attachment 463730

I fully expected this to be a dud, especially after everyone else hated on it. However, I thoroughly enjoyed it... great action, interesting plot, and the girl who played the lead was great! Would love to see Luc Besson direct a female-led Marvel film tbh.

"and the girl who played the lead was great!"

LOL :rofl::naughty::thumbs: did not happen to catch her name ... ?

Chopping Mall (1986)

Very trashy 80s Horror about guard-robots in a mall, that develop a life of its own and thread a group of young people.
It is a little dated and the suspense is missing in some parts, but cheesy and it plays in a mall. - "Thank you Have a nice day" 5.5/10

Knives Out

full.png
empty.png
empty.png
1583488974117.png
1583488977086.png

What an f'n waste of time this was. Ever since I was a kid, probably before the age of 7, the Mystery genre has always been my favourite when it comes to movies and books. I love twists and turns and whodunits of all kinds.

But this movie was lame. The plot and story were terrible. There wasn't any mystery here. No twists. I didn't find any of the characters interesting at all not even Benoit Blanc. I like all of these actors but I didn't care for any of their performances, especially Daniel Craig's.

i really thought it was going to be so easy to like this movie. I just watched it today and I didn't even waste any money on it. I checked out a copy for free from the library and it still wasn't worth the time or money.

So disappointed.

Last edited:
Birds of Prey (2020)
full.png
full.png
full.png
empty.png
empty.png

Was this really R-rated? They didn't take full advantage of it if so... the gore/fight scenes were mostly very timid and the R-rating just felt wasted overall. They may as well have aimed for a lower age rating and targeted a younger audience, as I'm sure a young fan base would've been well up for this movie! They were clearly trying replicate the humour from Deadpool, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the delivery of some of the jokes felt forced and the dialogue a bit cringe in places. My biggest disappointment was with Huntress... she turned out to be the most interesting and kick-ass character out of them all, but was massively underused. I honestly thought it was all a little "meh" up until the last 40mins or so, when the pace finally picked up speed. Can't really say I'm surprised I didn't love it anyway, since the trailers didn't do much for me, so I pretty much got what I expected. Not Suicide Squad bad, but not Shazam great... it sits somewhere in between the two for me -- a fairly fun but forgettable popcorn flick.

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Was this really R-rated? They didn't take full advantage of it if so... the gore/fight scenes were mostly very timid and the R-rating just felt wasted overall. They may as well have aimed for a lower age rating and targeted a younger audience, as I'm sure a young fan base would've been well up for this movie! They were clearly trying replicate the humour from Deadpool, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but the delivery of some of the jokes felt forced and the dialogue a bit cringe in places. My biggest disappointment was with Huntress... she turned out to be the most interesting and kick-ass character out of them all, but was massively underused. I honestly thought it was all a little "meh" up until the last 40mins or so, when the pace finally picked up speed. Can't really say I'm surprised I didn't love it anyway, since the trailers didn't do much for me, so I pretty much got what I expected. Not Suicide Squad bad, but not Shazam great... it sits somewhere in between the two for me -- a fairly fun but forgettable popcorn flick.

I really must pay attention to recent films because 99.9% of the films talked about here i have never heard of

I really must pay attention to recent films because 99.9% of the films talked about here i have never heard of
I often see you say this, which surprises me when it comes to big blockbusters, since I find seeing/hearing about them impossible to avoid because they literally promote them everywhere... TV, site ads, social media, billboards, posters, buses etc. I honestly get sick of having them shoved down my throat after a bit lol.

I often see you say this, which surprises me when it comes to big blockbusters, since I find seeing/hearing about them impossible to avoid because they literally promote them everywhere... TV, site ads, social media, billboards, posters, buses etc. I honestly get sick of having them shoved down my throat after a bit lol.

I rarely go to the cinema these days, I rarely watch TV and usually only watch 4k or blu-rays I purchase or old laserdiscs I have. I don't subscribe to any channels and apart from freeview rarely see anything new So unless a show for film comes to blu-ray I don't get seeing it.
Film 4 is usually the place I'll catch new films a few years after they come out. So most films I'd be 3 to 4 years behind in viewing assuming I manage to sit through it. Usually not 9 times out of 10

I rarely go to the cinema these days, I rarely watch TV and usually only watch 4k or blu-rays I purchase or old laserdiscs I have. I don't subscribe to any channels and apart from freeview rarely see anything new So unless a show for film comes to blu-ray I don't get seeing it.
Film 4 is usually the place I'll catch new films a few years after they come out. So most films I'd be 3 to 4 years behind in viewing assuming I manage to sit through it. Usually not 9 times out of 10
That would explain it then I guess. Same here in regards to not watching TV or going to the cinema though. My main source for upcoming movie info is this very site... more specifically the Movies, Trailers, Cinema section. Then there's social media and YouTube, where I follow/subscribe to most of the major movie studio's channels, so obviously I'm made aware of upcoming stuff through their posts and trailers. Being out of the loop like yourself isn't necessarily a bad thing anyway... must be nice not to know anything about a film before seeing it. That was actually the case for me with Drive... I hadn't heard nor seen a single thing about it and just randomly ended up watching it out of boredom one night, but it instantly became my new favourite film! It often makes me wonder if I would've still loved it as much had I known what to expect though... I think I probably would, but going in with no idea what was in store definitely made it all that more enjoyable for me.

That would explain it then I guess. Same here in regards to not watching TV or going to the cinema though. My main source for upcoming movie info is this very site... more specifically the Movies, Trailers, Cinema section. Then there's social media and YouTube, where I follow/subscribe to most of the major movie studio's channels, so obviously I'm made aware of upcoming stuff through their posts and trailers. Being out of the loop like yourself isn't necessarily a bad thing anyway... must be nice not to know anything about a film before seeing it. That was actually the case for me with Drive... I hadn't heard nor seen a single thing about it and just randomly ended up watching it out of boredom one night, but it instantly became my new favourite film! It often makes me wonder if I would've still loved it as much had I known what to expect though... I think I probably would, but going in with no idea what was in store definitely made it all that more enjoyable for me.

Yep it is nice to be out of the loop. I obviously keep an eye on what's coming out on 4k or blu-ray like the forthcoming Tom Baker season 14 on blu-ray and trailers for any potential films especially sci-fi films. And yes I use this site as well for film news.

Last edited:
Reactions: Noodles