Raya and the Last Dragon (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 18, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (live for Red Carpet, general sale at 12 PM - UK time)
Price: £32.99

RATLD (with j-card).jpg

RATLD (inside).jpg

RATLD (back).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Really like this design but will wait for release date to see pictures and use code

Reactions: Loony_Tic
Wonder if that is the correct date or if Zavvi have just taken the information from the US release, with the 18th being a Tuesday and UK releases usually being Monday

Oh this apparently comes out in a few weeks. Surely people will just wait for buy now and use the code. Soul is still in stock

which reminds me, I still need to pick up soul and toy story 4 but I was hoping for a toy story 4 steelbook that matches those 3 4K steels for the first 3. Soul I wanted to wait on a big price drop because the finish is rubbish

Reactions: Noodles
Wonder if that is the correct date or if Zavvi have just taken the information from the US release, with the 18th being a Tuesday and UK releases usually being Monday
No it's correct. Believe it was the same with mulan live action as well, released on a Tuesday week after it went live to preorder.

Dispatched.

Maybe I should have waited so I could have used a discount code. Oh, well.
Same i need to stop pre orders and use discount later as the cost for me almost covers shipping. But its a hit or miss with some steels some never come up again, some come back but limited in stock and others hang around for a while.

Europe are going to have a spot gloss finish for this one (thank f**k). Hopefully heavy on the gloss.. Like all of Raya on the front (inlc her hat), and the dragon in the centre on the rear.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo
Europe are going to have a spot gloss finish for this one (thank f**k). Hopefully heavy on the gloss.. Like all of Raya on the front (inlc her hat), and the dragon in the centre on the rear.

if all of Raya is glossed then I’ll be a happy bunny as that’s like 95% of the front. And the back would work well as spot gloss anyway

knowing our luck it will be either the hat or sword... or both

• Haha
Reactions: samdavies
from a design perspective on finish this could potentially work out better than the US version. As long as all of Raya is spot glossed. And it’s gooooood gloss
fingers crossed

Reactions: samdavies
from a design perspective on finish this could potentially work out better than the US version. As long as all of Raya is spot glossed. And it’s gooooood gloss
fingers crossed
Agreed. Hopefully we're talking BoP HMV (HQ and police car) and not Maleficent 4K (just her bloody eyes) :rofl: either way, it'll feel better in hand than soul (and mulan/moana) do atleast. As it'll be good quality matte over a gloss bottom layer, rather than a single matte/zero layer straight on the metal! :vomit:

Agreed. Hopefully we're talking BoP HMV (HQ and police car) and not Maleficent 4K (just her bloody eyes) :rofl: either way, it'll feel better in hand than soul (and mulan/moana) do atleast. As it'll be good quality matte over a gloss bottom layer, rather than a single matte/zero layer straight on the metal! :vomit:

isn't the first maleficent glossed and the sequel spot gloss? I love those 2 steels

Edit: just noticed the 4K comment so I assume you mean the re release for the first film. I don’t own that. Can’t even remember the art. But didn’t know only the eyes are spot glossed lol. The worst and funniest (to me) is still hostel. Just the tiny knife spot glossed lol

isn't the first maleficent glossed and the sequel spot gloss? I love those 2 steels

Edit: just noticed the 4K comment so I assume you mean the re release for the first film. I don’t own that. Can’t even remember the art. But didn’t know only the eyes are spot glossed lol. The worst and funniest (to me) is still hostel. Just the tiny knife spot glossed lol
Yeah the original 3D UK steel is absolute peak disney steelbook design for me. Beautiful gloss and twin embossing, debossing on the front. It even makes up for a blank rear.

The sequel is spot glossed, but heavily. All of Maleficent on the front and the rear, as well as all thr silver swirls and the feathers. The 4K rerelease of the first film is appalling. Near enough the same front design as the original, but its flat, with no title and only her eyes are glossed :rofl: