Raya and the Last Dragon (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: May 18, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (live for Red Carpet, general sale at 12 PM - UK time)
Price: £32.99

RATLD (with j-card).jpg

RATLD (inside).jpg

RATLD (back).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And even when releases did come with digital codes, very few Disney releases in the UK came with them anyway. In fact, only Toy Story 3 comes to mind.
I really dont like how these companies make the packaging and exclude certain countries to give less in their product for the same price.

In the US it basically cost the same as the UK versions, but one gets a digital copy and one doesnt in my opinion is Dumb.

Even if Digital was dead in Europe which I really dont believe fully is true because the studios did the same thing in the US to kill 3D Before the rest of the world when their are still enough fans in the US to support it and allow it to still Thrive...

Well, the Big Dawg Greedy studios saw that it was not a large enough fanbase for 3D to keep it alive but, many here still want 3D

The demand for Digital copies might not be there in Europe but, Im sure there are many just like the 3D crowd that some over there in the UK like having physical and digital both.

Studios can easily still give Europe the Digital codes since it would not add cost to production as it would make it the same as the US versions. If a person didnt want the digital copy they could easily gift it away or sell it for $15-$20 and make back some of the cost for the physical..

It’s only a win-win to have a digital code come with the purchase and if I was in Europe I would be yelling at studios to bring that back because it devalues your product.

I really dont like how these companies make the packaging and exclude certain countries to give less in their product for the same price.

In the US it basically cost the same as the UK versions, but one gets a digital copy and one doesnt in my opinion is Dumb.

Even if Digital was dead in Europe which I really dont believe fully is true because the studios did the same thing in the US to kill 3D Before the rest of the world when their are still enough fans in the US to support it and allow it to still Thrive...

Well, the Big Dawg Greedy studios saw that it was not a large enough fanbase for 3D to keep it alive but, many here still want 3D

The demand for Digital copies might not be there in Europe but, Im sure there are many just like the 3D crowd that some over there in the UK like having physical and digital both.

Studios can easily still give Europe the Digital codes since it would not add cost to production as it would make it the same as the US versions. If a person didnt want the digital copy they could easily gift it away or sell it for $15-$20 and make back some of the cost for the physical..

It’s only a win-win to have a digital code come with the purchase and if I was in Europe I would be yelling at studios to bring that back because it devalues your product.
Unfortunately, we always seem to have been paying more for less with the UK releases! Currently, we're paying more to get non-glossy versions of the Disney 4K steelbooks that were released in the US previously.

Unfortunately, we always seem to have been paying more for less with the UK releases! Currently, we're paying more to get non-glossy versions of the Disney 4K steelbooks that were released in the US previously.
I really dont understand why the same company STEELBOOK.com that makes all these steelbooks makes them with different finishes in different regions... That is seriously a shady move to do to collectors as I feel if its a steelbook with the exact Art work in all regions then they all should get the same finish...

LIKE, who at STEELBOOK.com sits there and is like US gets gloss and UK gets MATTE???? WHO ARE THESE SELFISH NON COLLECTOR PEOPLE THAT MAKE THE WORST DESIGN decisions EVER!

These companies really know how to make collectors tick and if some of these disigners ever come here YOU STINK for making The exact same steel with different finishes! I dont care if it sounds mean as they dont care to ever listen to the fanbase that feeds them lots of money!

I really dont understand why the same company STEELBOOK.com that makes all these steelbooks makes them with different finishes in different regions... That is seriously a shady move to do to collectors as I feel if its a steelbook with the exact Art work in all regions then they all should get the same finish...

LIKE, who at STEELBOOK.com sits there and is like US gets gloss and UK gets MATTE???? WHO ARE THESE SELFISH NON COLLECTOR PEOPLE THAT MAKE THE WORST DESIGN decisions EVER!

These companies really know how to make collectors tick and if some of these disigners ever come here YOU STINK for making The exact same steel with different finishes! I dont care if it sounds mean as they dont care to ever listen to the fanbase that feeds them lots of money!

Who told you that STEELBOOK.com makes those decisions?

Who told you that STEELBOOK.com makes those decisions?
Good point. What I mean Is the decision makers which I guess in this case is Disney on what “Finish” it should get should not be different in other regions if its the same art work...

My issue with Steelbook.com is their QC has fallen tremendously as they took on more clients to produce more steels.

Their QC is no where as good as it was years ago.

Lol they definitely don't. No offence to him or anything, but this dude doesn't have the foggiest idea what he's ranting about :rofl:
I actually do know what I am ranting about.. Some of my points about steel making the decision was off as I know its the company giving the design to them, but steelbook.com is far from perfect which is what I meant to point out.
Mainly, my issue is QC with SB.com

4k can be cheap worldwide but companies inflate in other countries for no good reason. I can also point out things on the Steelbook.com that is their fault...

For example, no matter what manufacturer produces with them All their produced steels should have mandatory Shrinkwrap no matter what the Studio is ordering.

Like, the Cyberpunk Steelbooks they all
were Made without Shrinkwrap for easy damage and that should be the STANDARD for all manufactured steels to have shrinkwrap

Even if it is a pre order steel from Best Buy it should always have shrinkwrap and not a price point for the retailer to choose when designing their steel... Shrinkwrap, YES OR NO... Save 10 cents on each one....

No, that is steelbook.coms fault for not shrink wrapping all steels into the cost as the STANDARD and not make that a option. Shrink wrap should be mandatory for all steels since that little protection goes along way to prevent damage.

There packaging to retail stores can be better for many less damaged ones going to all stores..
Their are faults on both sides of their business’s..

The “Finish” is not steelbook.coms decision, but Shrink wrapping it can be..

Whoever at Disney or the person that gives different “Finishes” to the steelbook that has the same art work is in a way Shady practice to cut down costs in my opinion.

Last edited:
I actually do know what I am ranting about.. Some of my points about steel making the decision was off as I know its the company giving the design to them, but steelbook.com is far from perfect which is what I meant to point out.
Mainly, my issue is QC with SB.com

4k can be cheap worldwide but companies inflate in other countries for no good reason. I can also point out things on the Steelbook.com that is their fault...

For example, no matter what manufacturer produces with them All their produced steels should have mandatory Shrinkwrap no matter what the Studio is ordering.

Like, the Cyberpunk Steelbooks they all
were Made without Shrinkwrap for easy damage and that should be the STANDARD for all manufactured steels to have shrinkwrap

Even if it is a pre order steel from Best Buy it should always have shrinkwrap and not a price point for the retailer to choose when designing their steel... Shrinkwrap, YES OR NO... Save 10 cents on each one....

No, that is steelbook.coms fault for not shrink wrapping all steels into the cost as the STANDARD and not make that a option. Shrink wrap should be mandatory for all steels since that little protection goes along way to prevent damage.

There packaging to retail stores can be better for many less damaged ones going to all stores..
Their are faults on both sides of their business’s..

The “Finish” is not steelbook.coms decision, but Shrink wrapping it can be..

Whoever at Disney or the person that gives different “Finishes” to the steelbook that has the same art work is in a way Shady practice to cut down costs in my opinion.
You do know ALL steelbooks are made by one single company called scanavo don't you? They own the brand, the patent, everything.. Steelbook.com is their website as well, encase you didn't realise that. Scanavo have numerous manufacturing plants, the most commonly used seem to be in Mexico (where US steels are typically made) and Denmark (where the majority of other steels seem to be made) .

Scanavo have absolutely no say in the design, finish or content (lack of digital or 4k) of the steelbooks, neither do they retail seal/package them. This is all controlled by the distributor. So any shrink wrap/protection that is applied after initial production is removed by the distributor so the discs can be inserted. Whatever happens post that point before they reach the retailer is again the decision of the distributor, not scanavo.

Yes there CAN be QC issues in the manufacturing plants, as with any fragile item. There have been instances where there have been widespread QC with a single steel that has caused an entire reprint. This is few and far between in the grand scheme though, and honestly I wouldn't say it's any worse now than it's ever been. The vast majority of any damage likely occurs after they've left scanavo.

So no offence, but by everything you've said, you most definitely did not know what you were ranting about.

Last edited:
Reactions: RMA
You do know ALL steelbooks are made by one single company called scanavo don't you? They own the brand, the patent, everything.. Steelbook.com is their website as well, encase you didn't realise that. Scanavo have numerous manufacturing plants, the most commonly used seem to be in Mexico (where US steels are typically made) and Denmark (where the majority of other steels seem to be made) .

Scanavo have absolutely no say in the design, finish or content (lack of digital or 4k) of the steelbooks, neither do they retail seal/package them. This is all controlled by the distributor. So any shrink wrap/protection that is applied after initial production is removed by the distributor so the discs can be inserted. Whatever happens post that point before they reach the retailer is again the decision of the distributor, not scanavo.

Yes there CAN be QC issues in the manufacturing plants, as with any fragile item. There have been instances where there have been widespread QC with a single steel that has caused an entire reprint. This is few and far between in the grand scheme though, and honestly I wouldn't say it's any worse now than it's ever been. The vast majority of any damage likely occurs after they've left scanavo.

So no offence, but by everything you've said, you most definitely did not know what you were ranting about.

Bruh. I KNOW ITS SCANAVO AND STEELBOOK.com is their website. I refer to Scanavo as steelbook.com since that it what it says in all their steelbooks and that is more known to some then SCANAVO’s name...
I KNOW ITS SCANAVO AND MY POINTS STILL STAND!

They make the STEELS and should Shrink wrap when necessary. I was also told otherwise by one of their factory workers the Pre order bonus steels from Best Buy scanavo shrink wraps.

I also said some of the QC falls on the retailers... If a retailer opens up then they reshrinkwrap it.

The Best Buy bonus steels dont come with a disc and Scanavo confirmed they can shrink wrap.

Yes, the QC has went down over the years and you can lie to yourself if you like.

Lazy Designs and poor QC you can collect but not me.

Last edited:
You can't blame Scanavo for the designs, they just make what they're told. The artwork and finish are dictated by the studios. Just like most US Disney releases have titles on the spine, but many European ones still don't. Most US Disney releases are gloss and most European ones aren't.

There's no point in Scanavo shrinkwrapping steelbooks just for the distributor to unwrap them and put the discs in. That's just extra time, effort and expense. Sure, it increases the chances of Nicks and dings in transit between production plants, but, as you say, you've got just as much chance with some warehouse worker slicing them open after an initial wrapping.

When Scanavo have screwed up (Jack Reacher for example), they reprint them at their expense.

I’m guessing a lot of people haven’t seen the shrek thread with the guy from universal. It appears that scanavo do have a say and influence in certain finishes due to print runs. They have loads of weird rules. Print runs and finishes are 2 of them.

There’s been a few misinformed comments about this above.