Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: May 28, 2021
Purchase links: Nova - Kimchi - WeET
Price: $38.99

16208934609431031.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but, I also live near 5 Best buy’s all in a 30 min Radius here in South Florida and most times 80% of their stock is DAMAGED or has FACTORY defects...

THEN we have many incompentent employees opening boxes with RAZORS giving the good ol’ Spine Slash to most of the stores stock even though the shipper box in big black bold letters says “DO NOT OPEN WITH RAZOR”. I even seen some employees do it...

Many times I have to go to multiple Best Buys in my area just to get one good one MINT!

Non collectors just dont give a crap to handle things gently with care...

Best Buy is OK, but it takes a long time to get a truly MINT one with no FLAWS at all.
it doesnt help that STEELBOOK.com steels have fallen a lot with bad QC versus past years their QC was much better.
I agree with you their quality control suck ! Much stress to just get one mint copy :banghead:

Reactions: Alf_1
It's not quite as simple as that. Things work differently in korea. Disney korea do not release 4k blu-rays, so there's no option for the retailer to issue these releases with 4k discs.

I didn't know that about 4K. So basically if company isn't releasing it in 4K, retailers are tied to BR?
I mean that is just sick. No wonder BR is still dominant while they still pursue BR and even 3D ffs...

It's not quite as simple as that. Things work differently in korea. Disney korea do not distribute 4k blu-rays anymore, so there's no option for the retailer to issue these releases with 4k discs.
Thats my point... “Disney korea do not distribute 4k blu-rays anymore”

Its Disneys fault for holding back the tech as Korea can easily be on affordable 4k tv’s now... Of course it wont sell if they neglect the format and over price it when its just as cheap as blu ray now.

Disney keeps going backwards by NOT DOING THINGS they did good in the past and now not doing them anymore...

I didn't know that about 4K. So basically if company isn't releasing it in 4K, retailers are tied to BR?
I mean that is just sick. No wonder BR is still dominant while they still pursue BR and even 3D ffs...
Exaclty, just like 3D Wasnt dead companies just stop making it since it wasnt mega big for them in profits and instead stopped offering to the fans that still want it.. They took away 4k and that is DISNEY’s fault for jumping to conclusions too quick..... Like I said, Disney keeps going backwards with their distribution decisions.

Correct. Typically the distributor does actually have to be producing the films in that format, and in that region, in order for retailers to release them. Disney have pulled physical media out of china completely for example, which is why blufans no longer release Disney steelbooks.

There are a few exceptions where premium retailers such as kimchidvd or novamedia have licensed the films from, or in conjunction with, the distributor in order to press their own discs though. Disney would never let that happen though.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Thats my point... “Disney korea do not distribute 4k blu-rays anymore”

Its Disneys fault for holding back the tech as Korea can easily be on affordable 4k tv’s now... Of course it wont sell if they neglect the format and over price it when its just as cheap as blu ray now.

Disney keeps going backwards by NOT DOING THINGS they did good in the past and now not doing them anymore...
I feel ranting like that is a little short sighted, as we do not know the situation over there. 4K releases in Japan for example cost an absolute fortune, a good 3x UK or US rrp, so it's likely the market is not there at that price point in korea.

Honestly as you're stateside, Disney holding back on 4K in Korea is having little to no effect on you, so I don't know why you're so hot on it. Chances are if this particular release had been issued with a 4k disc, the price point would have be so obscene it wouldn't have been of any viable interest anyway.

Reactions: RMA and 5t33lb0y
Thanks, was checking ebay and didn't come up with nothing. At that price, might wait and see for other sources.

UPDATE: So it looks like the Korean title is misspelled, which won't bother me.

Seems like the FS is being recalled due to an error? What can international customers do about it?

Very meh looking, not what you expect from a SMLife slip

Finally watched the film last night on Disney+, really enjoyed it

Reactions: RMA
I like the embossing. The artwork is still a letdown to me. There’s too much great artwork to have used this. I’ll hope for another premium.

A nice wraparound with one of these would’ve been nice.

raya-and-the-last-dragon-trailer-and-poster-released-01.jpg

Raya-and-the-Last-Dragon-raya-and-the-last-dragon-43804007-900-451.jpg