Release date: August 6, 2018
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon
Price: £24.99

11738215-2034572460663536.jpg

11738215-8024572460552368.jpg
11738215-5904572460419234.jpg
11738215-2944572460497357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished the book, I feel the artwork with this Zavvi steelbook best represents Ready Player One. I really want it but I'm too late for now.

Don't understand why there has to be such a difference in artwork between these entry level steelbooks and the HD Zeta/Blufans/Kimchidvd etc. It's a shame this artwork looks boring. Is it likely that this will be quite close to the actual artwork or is there a chance it might come out like the Best Buy variant? As per previous Zavvi releases in the past, the TBC artwork doesn't seem to change much.

Reactions: Jose Miguel
Don't understand why there has to be such a difference in artwork between these entry level steelbooks and the HD Zeta/Blufans/Kimchidvd etc. It's a shame this artwork looks boring. Is it likely that this will be quite close to the actual artwork or is there a chance it might come out like the Best Buy variant? As per previous Zavvi releases in the past, the TBC artwork doesn't seem to change much.
It depends, a lot of these artworks do stay. Usually if the artwork looks amazing in the mock up then there is a good chance it will change. With something like this I’m guessing it will stay as it’s sold out even though it doesn’t look great.
A lot of the standard Steelbooks do have average artwork. The annoying thing is there’s some real nice ones out there aswell. The recent Cars releases from Zavvi show when they want to they can make some really nice Steels.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Blucray
Email from HMV this morning confirming the release date as 6th August 2018.

"We’ve got an update on your store.hmv.com pre-order for the below title:

SHERIDAN, TYE: OLIVIA COOKE: L
READY PLAYER ONE: 3D/2D: STEEL
BLD

We’ve just been advised by the manufacturers that the release date for the above item has changed to 06/08/2018 and your order will therefore be processed and dispatched nearer to this date.

Got any questions? Please visit our FAQ's for support.

Kind regards

store.hmv.com"