Ready Player One (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #4) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: July 13, 2020
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - WB Shop - HMV (Pre-order on April 27)
Price: £29.99
Note: Includes a Phosphorescent A3 poster, see preview HERE, and pin.

IMG_8008.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: komor
Received mine from Zavvi today in a box that looks like it was specifically made for this release, since it fits in perfectly. No other packing materials in there though, and my box was pretty beat up on the corners, so I'm lucky there was no damage to the item itself.

Steelbook looks just as "meh" in hand IMO. The GITD poster is pretty cool, but useless since it's been folded and is therefore covered in creases. The only thing I really like is the pin. Wish they'd use stickers for the rating logos too... there's no excuse not to nowadays.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Received mine from Zavvi today in a box that looks like it was specifically made for this release, since it fits in perfectly. No other packing materials in there though, and my box was pretty beat up on the corners, so I'm lucky there was no damage to the item itself.

Steelbook looks just as "meh" in hand IMO. The GITD poster is pretty cool, but useless since it's been folded and is therefore covered in creases. The only thing I really like is the pin. Wish they'd use stickers for the rating logos too... there's no excuse not to nowadays.
You got pics of box it come in still? Normally they come in bubble bags which upto now not really had much issues. But i wonder if this will be better we shall see and pending how long it takes to get here.

You got pics of box it come in still? Normally they come in bubble bags which upto now not really had much issues. But i wonder if this will be better we shall see and pending how long it takes to get here.
Last time I ordered a ToC release from Zavvi they sent it in a jiffy bag. Only kept my order with them for this because I got the discount code to work... will be using HMV or Amazon from now on.

Here's the Zavvi box:

thumbnail_DSC_0303_2.jpg

Reactions: bwatt99
Last time I ordered a ToC release from Zavvi they sent it in a jiffy bag. Only kept my order with them for this because I got the discount code to work... will be using HMV or Amazon from now on.

Here's the Zavvi box:

View attachment 478428
Cool lets see if everyone gets them like this or you just got lucky, thinking it maybe better than a bubble bag. But how hard would a layer of bubble wrap around it be just incase. Hopefully zavvi are starting to use boxes more than bubble mailers as i have seen a slight trend in some editions being sent in boxes now.

Reactions: Noodles
I got the box, seems better. Bit of packing would have been good.

Cool lets see if everyone gets them like this or you just got lucky, thinking it maybe better than a bubble bag. But how hard would a layer of bubble wrap around it be just incase. Hopefully zavvi are starting to use boxes more than bubble mailers as i have seen a slight trend in some editions being sent in boxes now.
I got the box, seems better. Bit of packing would have been good.
The fitted box is definitely a step up, but still lacking adequate protection IMO. Maybe they should combine the two and put the box in a jiffy bag lol.

Reactions: jasong
The fitted box is definitely a step up, but still lacking adequate protection IMO. Maybe they should combine the two and put the box in a jiffy bag lol.
Bit of bubble wrap they would be fine imo

Bit of bubble wrap they would be fine imo
To be fair, both HMV and Amazon also just ship them in those wraparound cardboard things with no further protection. My only real reason for avoiding Zavvi is the possibility of having to deal with their CS team, which I'm sure we can all agree are pretty abysmal.

Reactions: jasong
To be fair, both HMV and Amazon also just ship them in those wraparound cardboard things with no further protection. My only real reason for avoiding Zavvi is the possibility of having to deal with their CS team, which I'm sure we can all agree are pretty abysmal.
I’m sure I will get that at some point, but pretty good so far. Only a couple of issues over the last year or so, both sorted well. One I had to debate a bit, but fine.

Finally got mine. Probably echo your thoughts tbh - as a package, it looks pretty good as the elements integrate the design idea nicely and the SteelBook design looks good behind the semi-translucent slip. But the SteelBook doesn't pop at all in hand which is a shame, surely Scanavo has cheaper access to the best finishes available?

The pin is amazing. The Ratings logos are very jarring.

I'm definitely getting the 2001 release as that film influenced so much of my tastes and it looks a good package. Not sure about Goodfellas as, again like this set, it looks like it all comes together when the elements are combined, but probably means the SteelBook on its own might be a bit bland.