Slipcover Ready Player One (4K + Blu-ray & Blu-ray +DVD Lenticular Slipcovers) (Target Exclusive) [USA]

Apr 19, 2016
Release date: July 24, 2018
Purchase links: Target 4K - BD
Price: $29.99 (4K) - $24.99 (BD)
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 23.16.30.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 00.53.39.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 23.16.18.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tag @Apollon Abso-freakin-lutely getting this lenti :D

I think I almost like the blu-ray version better.
No HDR box and the Image wraps around to the spine instead of just black.
Yea, I still prefer BD slips over 4K slips for this reason. If i'm picking up a 4K slip it's got something unique.

@apsmith21 I'm not getting the plan B thing (n):dunno:

what is happening :dunno:

@Wreck sourced me a couple more, and I'm waiting on a back up order I placed to come in. Hopefully they are all in good shape and actually have slips.

I was planning on extras to be available for late joiners but that's probably not happening now.

Appears all Target.com orders are getting shipped to stores - there was no stock in the warehouse for allocation. When things get shipped from stores, weird things happen, like above.

So when I get 4 copies without slips, I'm forced to look at other options to make sure we get enough good copies.

Hope that makes sense :thumbs:

Reactions: Actarus
@Wreck sourced me a couple more, and I'm waiting on a back up order I placed to come in. Hopefully they are all in good shape and actually have slips.

I was planning on extras to be available for late joiners but that's probably not happening now.

Appears all Target.com orders are getting shipped to stores - there was no stock in the warehouse for allocation. When things get shipped from stores, weird things happen, like above.

So when I get 4 copies without slips, I'm forced to look at other options to make sure we get enough good copies.

Hope that makes sense :thumbs:

This is what I thought happened after I posted my message (I am not too quick at times :wacky: )

It is absolutely ridiculous, the edition without the Target Exclusive Slip ??? :wtf: how can they even ship this to you ??? :ohno:

In any case guys do not waste you time on something that is out of your control, I think we can all understand. But it does suck :banghead:

This is what I thought happened after I posted my message (I am not too quick at times :wacky: )

It is absolutely ridiculous, the edition without the Target Exclusive Slip ??? :wtf: how can they even ship this to you ??? :ohno:

In any case guys do not waste you time on something that is out of your control, I think we can all understand. But it does suck :banghead:

To add insult to injury, the slip-less editions all have the corners smashed in on the amaray cases. Plastic pieces nowhere to be found. Not sure what the heck happened to these but they shipped from a store in New Jersey. :rolleyes:

I'm sure we'll have enough in the end, it's just a hassle that I don't need. I ordered these back in May. :wacky:

Reactions: Actarus
To add insult to injury, the slip-less editions all have the corners smashed in on the amaray cases. Plastic pieces nowhere to be found. Not sure what the heck happened to these but they shipped from a store in New Jersey. :rolleyes:

I'm sure we'll have enough in the end, it's just a hassle that I don't need. I ordered these back in May. :wacky:

Oh Gosh for real ? :blackeye: well I feel bad as I was the one who asked for a group buy for this release, so I am to Blame :arghh: please do hate me :cry:

Well don't go around stores wasting your precious time to try to get enough copies. If they can't replace them by mail well I'd say just cancel everything.
I am sure everyone in the Group Buy would understand.

Andy, were you able to sort this out?

Just received my GB Copy form @apsmith21 and this edition is Fantastic !

The Lenticular has Nice Depth and a very well executed transitional effect with a purpose (as opposed to one random image turning into another random one)
When changing from one image to another, the pictures stays as clear for both (no blurriness or still seeing half of the other image)
Prefect Transition with a purpose.

I am really Impressed by this one :drool:

lol @PunkNinja posted a perfect video of it as I was writing about it :emb:

Reactions: apsmith21