Reason for Buying Steelbooks?

Eti

Sep 6, 2015
I love Steelbooks, but its not my main like of collecting. So i have to limit my buying alot. So i only buy Steels of movies that i really love only....only once or twice i have bought a Steel cause i loved the artwork so much.
What about you ? What makes you buy steels? Spill your hearts out :rofl: and if you are like me what is your main line of collection?

Has to be a movie I want first of all.

Or part of certain sets ie Tarentino’s, MCU, Disney Classics etc. Luckily, I tend to love most of these movies anyway (which the exception of a couple of Disney classics that are purely owned for the collection...ie Snow White -not that I don’t like it but it’s not something I enjoy rewatching often)

It's pretty much 50/50 for me... I buy them both for the film inside and the steel itself. :)

I just really love the artwork on some of the Steelbooks. I used to only collect Steelbooks for video games but that expanded into movies. For movies, I limit myself to only movies I like. I bought Atomic Blonde when it came out, watched the movie - disliked it and sold the Steelbook. For video games however, I try to by any at a reasonable price.

I buy for the artwork and for the movie. I wouldn't buy a movie I don't like just because it's in a Steelbook though so the movie definatly matters the most.