Record Store Day: April 18th 2015

Feb 10, 2013
Surrey
http://recordstoreday.com/

*There are three categories on this list. These are them:
RECORD STORE DAY EXCLUSIVE RELEASES. Exclusively available on Record Store Day at Record Store Day participating stores. Will not be available anywhere else in the same format.
RECORD STORE DAY LIMITED RUN/REGIONAL FOCUS RELEASES. Also exclusively available on Record Store Day at Record Store Day participating stores, but may not be distributed nationally, or the quantities of these titles are EXTREMELY limited. 1000 and under and WAY under 1000 in some cases. We felt it was only right to put them on a special sub-list, so that everyone is clear on the odds.
‘RECORD STORE DAY FIRST’ RELEASE. These are titles that you can find on Record Store Day at Record Store Day participating stores. So if you’re a fan of the artist, you get first listen. At some point in the future, generally four to six weeks, these titles will be available at other retailers.

Hi guys, didn't know if this was the right place for this, if not please move to correct location.

So, Record store day is April 18th, and I have a question:
Do US and UK stores get the same records to sell on that day?
Reason I ask is there's a vinyl EP being released by Stone Sour and there's no confirmation if it's just a US exclusive or not.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425410528.553641.jpg

If anyone knows, please post a reply.
Also, we can use this as a thread of announcements for RSD?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kuzco
Hi guys, didn't know if this was the right place for this, if not please move to correct location.

Reason I ask is there's a vinyl EP being released by Stone Sour and there's no confirmation if it's just a US exclusive or not.
View attachment 143953

Some records are exclusive to each country. Stone Sour are releasing a black and white marbled vinyl, limited to 500 copies in the UK, but what's on it is yet to be determined. It might be the same release as the American one. A full list of the UK releases can be found here: recordstoreday.co.uk/exclusive-products/real-rsd-2015

• Helpful Post
Reactions: spass
Yeah I saw the list released last night. A lot more on there than I thought would be released. Personally I'm hoping the Stone Sour one will be the same and that I'll actually be able to pick it up!

Reactions: McLarenSteel
Yeah, there's quite a few i want from the releases. Missed out on a lot last year. I'd imagine both SS releases will be the same.

View attachment 143953

Yeah I saw the list released last night. A lot more on there than I thought would be released. Personally I'm hoping the Stone Sour one will be the same and that I'll actually be able to pick it up!

Stone Sour have announced what's on the RSD release "Meanwhile in Burbank".
1. We die young.
2. Heading out to the highway.
3. Love gun.
4. Creeping death.
5. Children of the grave.
From the looks of it, it's the same release here, as the States.

Alaska recently got our first record store since the last ones closed down many years ago... Looking forward to celebrating my first record store day!

Hmmm I gotta get a record player!

I got 11 records, and no way to play them o_O

Sorry, I can't be specific...but I remember on last year's RSD, there was a release I wanted, and found out that it was only released in the band's home city record store.
So I think some records are only released in certain places. (The artist's home city, etc.)-
So- me being from Cleveland, I might get a Black Keys album.
Detroit might get a Kid Rock release, etc.
I'm not 100% on that- but I definitely remember there being regional things going on...

I try to avoid looking at what's available during Record Store Day, because there aren't any record stores where I live and so it all just feels like one big tease for me lol. I did hear that there was an exclusive vinyl for the Whiplash soundtrack though... did anyone pick that up?

From the "Last vinyl record purchased?" topic:

While I don't have any pictures yet, I bought the following at Joe's Records in IL:

Polaris: Music From The Adventures Of Pete And Pete LP
Citizen Dick: Touch Me I'm Dick 7"
Lucero: Jukebox Series #3 7"
Ryan Adams: Come Pick Me Up 7"

And I have Clutch's From Beale Street To Oblivion LP on order.

I've since also picked up the Spinal Tap soundtrack, Mudhoney's Vanishing Point LP and JD McPherson's I Wish You Would/Steal Away 7".