Reebok new Aliens stompers set-fan tribute-Power loader & Queen

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Coming July 18

Fan tribute-2 pair in set

$325 for both versions, unisex sizes

http://www.reebok.com/en-US/Blog/2017-04/Alien-Stomper/?cm_mmc=RbkSocial_Twitter-_-Alien Stomper-_-20170426

IMG_4182.JPG

Queen2-ANIMATION.gif

It was an epic battle between good and evil that no one could forget; Alien versus machine in a final showdown.

In 1986, the FOX movie Aliens ruled the cinema. Fans had waited seven years for the sequel to the cult classic Alien, and it didn’t disappoint.

The final fight scene was a killer, and Reebok’s Alien Stomper boot was there to kick things into high gear for the movie’s main character, Ellen Ripley, to ultimately fight off the Queen.

Group.jpg

The Alien Stomper became an iconic shoe for fans and an instant must-have collector’s item.

Now in celebration of Alien Day on April 26, Reebok is revealing TWO new versions of the Alien Stomper that will send fans into overdrive.

Inspired by the infamous Queen Alien and Power Loader, these sneakers are a movie buff’s dream. With nods to the film’s heritage on every strap and a tricked out double box with parts of the ACTUAL script engrained in it, no detail was left out.

For the shoes’ designers, Chris Hill and Xavier Jones, re-creating the Power Loader was about paying homage to the first model.

Machine.jpg

Power Loader

“I wanted to keep it as close to the OG spec as possible,” Jones says. “But I embellished it with those details if you were a die-hard fan you would get it as soon as you see it.”

Jones honed in on the smallest of details for the movie’s passionate fan base.

“The obvious thing would be the stripes that are featured on the foot of the machine,” he says. “I took design influence from the top of the canopy of the machine where it was a net, so I added a mesh on top of the label.

“Calling back to the original series of the shoe, it was a machine, the P5000, so I added that on the strap as well.”
Queen.jpg

Queen Alien

Hill was already a big Aliens fan when he got the opportunity to design the Queen Alien shoe.

“It was pretty awesome, I never thought I’d get to design for a franchise I was a fan of,” he says. “When this came around where I got to be involved and drive the creation process was pretty cool.”

Inspired by the Queen Alien’s look and overall lack of appeal, Hill had the color scheme and entire idea mapped out early on.

“The materials are black patent leather to give that black slimy wet look of the alien,” he says. “I wanted to keep everything blacked out and ominous like the alien itself.”

Hill’s design was done with the fans in mind. He incorporated creative elements that true fans would take note of and appreciate.

“Parts of it are blacked out but glow in the dark. The XX121 on the shoe is the original name of the Xenomorph and I just dropped off the numbers. So that was just a nod that fans would get and if you’re not a fan you wouldn’t notice it.”

Box2.jpg

The First Impression

Fans will definitely love the two unisex sized sneakers, but what they won’t be prepared for is the insane box they come in.

Hill logged at least 300 man-hours getting every single detail right in the design.

“Some of the icons are directly from the movie and some others were a play on words like ‘check door seals, check shoe seals,’” he says.

According to him, the inspiration for the look and feel of the packaging will be clear to fans.

“There’s a scene where there’s different loading bays and the main character runs into it and brings the Power Loader out and the final battle takes place around this loading lock,” he says.

“So when they’re fighting they fall into it and then eventually she opens the doors and the alien gets sucked out, that’s where the whole inspiration came from.”

Don’t worry die-hards, that final line, “Get away from her, you B*TCH,” also found it’s way into the box’s design.

Last edited:
Yes, he was. May be he gave up steels for sneakers or may be he gave up both...
Yeah. Having MULTIPLE collections going on is tough.
I had to pump the brakes on collecting figures, posters, Guitars, etc.
I still have a quite a few figures coming though. But just like posters - there is only so much space - so it becomes pointless if you have nowhere to put stuff!!
But, I am pretty picky with Figures/Statues. still trying to figure out how it became the dark hall of evil!
(Xenomorphs, Pinheads, 6 Lord of Darkness figures, etc.) I am gonna actively seek out custom made LEGEND Jack (Tom Cruise) and Lili (Mia Sara) figures to balance out the "good" in the room (vs. all my Darkness busts!):LOL:
I still have yet to unpack my Lifesize Sidshow Lord of Darkness bust...:wow:

Yeah. Having MULTIPLE collections going on is tough.
I had to pump the brakes on collecting figures, posters, Guitars, etc.
I still have a quite a few figures coming though. But just like posters - there is only so much space - so it becomes pointless if you have nowhere to put stuff!!
But, I am pretty picky with Figures/Statues. still trying to figure out how it became the dark hall of evil!
(Xenomorphs, Pinheads, 6 Lord of Darkness figures, etc.) I am gonna actively seek out custom made LEGEND Jack (Tom Cruise) and Lili (Mia Sara) figures to balance out the "good" in the room (vs. all my Darkness busts!):LOL:
I still have yet to unpack my Lifesize Sidshow Lord of Darkness bust...:wow:
Jesus! I wouldnt want a tour of your basement. :p

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
@digitalbabe @C.C. 95 So I spoke to my friend and it's just like preordering prints. You gotta be at the drop and try to score.

It's available at www.reebok.com at 10 AM EST on July 18, 2017 for 325 USD.

If you can't wait or miss it, you can also buy it from Kixify for the cheap price of 510 USD :thumbs:

Yeah, prob skip these, I wouldn't just want to have them sit on shelf. I wouldn't want to damage them while wearing. Curious though-any idea how universal sizing works?

Yeah, prob skip these, I wouldn't just want to have them sit on shelf. I wouldn't want to damage them while wearing. Curious though-any idea how universal sizing works?
I know what you mean. But i kinda wanna wear them more than sit them on a shelf. Just on rare occasions, maybe...
And no idea about universal sizing.

Also, they just changed the drop from 10 AM to 12PM EST.
cc @C.C. 95

Well I tried but literally sold out within a minute. I cant find how limited these are. I'm gonna assume 426 though.

Sold out faster than steelbooks. Haha. They actually have a Captcha before you add to cart (unlike Mondo). I was able to select my size at 12pm but it sold out when i was selecting all the boxes with a freaking helicopter in it :banghead::facepalm:
:LOL:

Well I tried but literally sold out within a minute. I cant find how limited these are. I'm gonna assume 426 though.

Sold out faster than steelbooks. Haha. They actually have a Captcha before you add to cart (unlike Mondo). I was able to select my size at 12pm but it sold out when i was selecting all the boxes with a freaking helicopter in it :banghead::facepalm:
:LOL:
A balked before the sale.
Rationale: I would rather spend $350 dollars on an actual ALIEN/ALIENS figure than some shoes.
They just weren't cool enough anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing