Reservoir Dogs (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Nova Exclusive #17) [Korea]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: March 23, 2018 (Pre-order Feb 23, 2018 at 10 PM Korea Time, UTC+9)
Purchase link: Full Slip A - Full Slip B - Lenticular - 1/4 Slip - One Click
Prices: $35.99 (Full Slip A & B) - $36.99 (Lenticular) - $32.99 (1/4 Slip) - $129.99 (One Click)
Notes: 700 copies (Full Slip A & B & Lenti) - 400 copies (1/4 Slip) - 500 copies (One Click)
One Click gift: Original production notes 52p and original poster.

A.jpg B.jpg LENTI.jpg Q.jpg 1.jpg
21125739_1039958482774590_3438561149648474145_o.jpg
21199690_1037912676312504_9071263193043043219_o.jpg
21083040_10213029637509470_7846853052262769595_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually about time for another RD steelbook with the last and best (imo) well over a year ago:-
Dec 2015 (US) ----------------------- Jan 2016 (UK) ----------------------- Oct 2013 (UK) ------------------------- July 2011 (Germany)
141838_large.jpg
142815_large.jpg
74361_large.jpg
23702_large.jpg

Personally a bigger fan of the cool petrol can edition:-
1728_large.jpg

Closer look at what's gone before:-
maxresdefault.jpg

12082787194_595e6d50db_b.jpg
upload_2017-8-25_3-23-20.png

reservoir-dogs-steelbook-3.jpg
reservoir-dogs-steelbook-4.jpg

DVD SB
upload_2017-8-25_3-0-59.png

Reservoir_Dogs_Limited_Edition_Petrol_Can_UK_01.jpg
Reservoir_Dogs_Limited_Edition_Petrol_Can_UK_02.jpg
Reservoir_Dogs_Limited_Edition_Petrol_Can_UK_05.jpg
Reservoir_Dogs_Limited_Edition_Petrol_Can_UK_10.jpg
Reservoir_Dogs_Limited_Edition_Petrol_Can_UK_11.jpg

Last edited:
Catalog steelbooks are essentially just reissues in super fancy packaging since the discs are the same as the existing ones. RD particularly has never gotten a proper remaster so it'll have to come down to what the final artwork looks like for these to be worth the investment. Even then it'll still feel like a half-assed product IMO. Are these premium labels not allowed to create film scans themselves?

Catalog steelbooks are essentially just reissues in super fancy packaging since the discs are the same as the existing ones. RD particularly has never gotten a proper remaster so it'll have to come down to what the final artwork looks like for these to be worth the investment. Even then it'll still feel like a half-assed product IMO. Are these premium labels not allowed to create film scans themselves?

OK I admit I don't know anything about the people who make these premium editions, but I would think that the movie studio would own the rights to the movie and that they would be the people that would re-master a film, usually with the director overseeing the project. I doubt that Tarantino would allow anybody to touch his films.

Is Miramax still a Disney company?

OK I admit I don't know anything about the people who make these premium editions, but I would think that the movie studio would own the rights to the movie and that they would be the people that would re-master a film, usually with the director overseeing the project. I doubt that Tarantino would allow anybody to touch his films.

Is Miramax still a Disney company?

Some studios are a little flexible when it comes to allowing third parties to remaster their films - it depends on who the third party is. Criterion, for instance, has carte blanche while smaller and less "reputable" labels are given limited access. MGM seems to be the studio most willing to let others create new scans of their films, while Warner will only deal with Criterion. I just think these premium steelbooks would be a better (or fuller) investment if they contained new scans of the films regardless of WHO does the scans.

• Thanks
Reactions: spass and Stygian
Nova certainly have their work cut out with this and pulp due to lack of artwork
It's gonna be tuff bringing something new here but hopefully they can deliver on both counts

Well, i own the Mondo steel so this gotta be something real good for me to double dip.

On a off topic note: Did anyone see the Supernatural homage to Tarantino from last season? (Season 12, Episode 12) The whole episode was Tarantino inspired. Here's the intro only (no spoilers)

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Well, i own the Mondo steel so this gotta be something real good for me to double dip.

On a off topic note: Did anyone see the Supernatural homage to Tarantino from last season? (Season 12, Episode 12) The whole episode was Tarantino inspired. Here's the intro only (no spoilers)

My favorite show - but I am actually two seasons behind! (Have them on blu ray - just need to find the time!)

• Thanks
Reactions: AlienKing
My favorite show - but I am actually two seasons behind! (Have them on blu ray - just need to find the time!)
I wouldnt say it's 'the' favorite for me. But definitely one of my favorites. I'm near the end of Season 12 right now (S13 is airing right now i think?) Season 10 felt a bit underwhelming for me but Season 11 and 12...:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
I wouldnt say it's 'the' favorite for me. But definitely one of my favorites. I'm near the end of Season 12 right now (S13 is airing right now i think?) Season 10 felt a bit underwhelming for me but Season 11 and 12...:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:
You know that Quantum Mechanix has 1/6th Castiel, Sam and Dean figures coming, right?!
IMG_1302.JPG
IMG_1303.JPG
IMG_1304.JPG
IMG_1305.JPG
IMG_1306.JPG
IMG_1307.JPG

• Helpful Post
Reactions: AlienKing
What an exciting day! I'll be all over this one too. :cool:

Here's a concept I did a while back using art from an old DVD edition...

*FAN MADE - UNOFFICIAL*

View attachment 329803
I'd buy this in a second. I actually own the old Mr. White DVD release with that artwork and it is one of the reasons I've always been so reluctant to upgrade, but if this art was re-used I would definitely go for it.

Reactions: Noodles
The John Wick 2 box they finally "got it" in terms of creating a stunning box that opens up. The Kill Bill Volume 1 and 2 were just awkward to open up. SO looking forward to seeing that they have in mind!