Resident Evil: Welcome to Raccoon City (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: February 7, 2022
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £29.99

13491134-1674923892315068.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Not sure why this even warrants a Steelbook it’s just as bad as the other RE movies but with this one it’s all the pointless references to the fiery 3 games whilst having a plot with absolutely nothing like the first 3 Resident evil games ‍

Last edited:
Reactions: tanokike
Not sure why this even warrants a Steelbook it’s just as bad as the other RE movies but with this one it’s all the pointless references to the fiery 3 games whilst having a plot with absolutely nothing like the first 3 Resident evil games ‍

LUL xD.

is anyone else have issue looking at steelbook section?

got there ruddy great sign up newsletter ad in black leaving about 1 inch of white in middle of screen only with the word steelbook and can see no steelbooks to buy!
this is on chromebook the issue for me
i have tried messaging them on facebook but no one is answering, typical.

thanks in advance
basil :thumbs:

*first 2

The only character that slightly resembles their game counterpart is Claire, Leon is completely butchered(again) & Jill & Chris act nothing like their game counterparts. It’s literally a movie of let’s throw in this game reference as they think that’ll keep the game fans happy. I’m not one to criticise movies very often but this the 7th live action attempt at a “Resident Evil” movie & this is just as bad as the Paul W S Anderson attempts

Did you watch movie those of you who are criticising it?
Cause i'm 90% sure that you just TALK and didn't watch it... I don't mind if actors aren't similar acc to appearance to those ones in game. From the looks of trailer, where it's all happening there are really good comparisions.
And from original 6 movies, first 2 were the best, 3rd one was already meh, while last 3 were for throw up...
Hope someone does premium edition of this movie.. But if nothing else, some great WWA would totally make up for it.

Cause i'm 90% sure that you just TALK and didn't watch it... I don't mind if actors aren't similar acc to appearance to those ones in game. From the looks of trailer, where it's all happening there are really good comparisions.
And from original 6 movies, first 2 were the best, 3rd one was already meh, while last 3 were for throw up...
Hope someone does premium edition of this movie.. But if nothing else, some great WWA would totally make up for it.
Yes I did watch it & I’m not criticising how the characters look I’m criticising how the characters acted in comparison to their game counterparts which as I’ve said Claire comes the closest & Leon’s character gets butchered. The original 6 movies had game characters in essentially expanded cameos of which Jill only acted like her game counterpart & the others just said soundbites from the games so you’d know it was them. Imagine if Peter Jackson had adapted the Lord or the Rings books but in his movies he only made references to the book stories & characters had soundbites from the books but the movies plots had zero to do with the source material because that’s what all 7 of the live action Resident Evil movies have been. Sadly for me I really wanted Welcome to Racoon City to be good but it’s not & I absolutely love the game series

Reactions: MrSquifler
is anyone else have issue looking at steelbook section?

got there ruddy great sign up newsletter ad in black leaving about 1 inch of white in middle of screen only with the word steelbook and can see no steelbooks to buy!
this is on chromebook the issue for me
i have tried messaging them on facebook but no one is answering, typical.

thanks in advance
basil :thumbs:
Hi Basil, same here on Chrome and standard laptop. Yep somethings certainly up....

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil
I did and it was complete shite

Like, I don’t know how “such a big fan” of the games made something so bad and disrespectful to the franchise

It looks like it’s sticking to the source material going off the front cover but inside those pages it’s just “how many game references can I cram in to get these fans to nerdgasm” while forgetting to make a good film

You don’t miscast the characters, you don’t cram two games into one, you don’t turn a great character like Leon into an idiotic moron or remove people like Mr X, Nemesis, Barry, Carlos, Rebecca and you don’t ignore all the great RE lore from Umbrella, Raccoon City, the T-Virus origins from the Garden of the Sun etc

It’s just bad…

Heard it’s pony but I still kinda wana watch it. I rarely turn films off but I feel like this would be an exception because I turned the last 2 off from the previous series lol

Cool art and art cards tho

Film's just OK. Not worth the asking price IMO. May consider picking up with a substantial price drop.

Would depend on seeing pics of actual finish too...

I’ll happily buy this but yeah on a huge drop too. Maybe half price. I actually enjoyed it. Was miles better than those other abominations. Looked more like the game and had a kind gritty b movie feel but not in a bad way. My only issue is the 3rd act is rushed

I watched it last night and even for a video game movie it's awful.

• Haha
Reactions: djjez83