Ring (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 18, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi - Arrow Films - Amazon UK - HMV (In stores)
Price: £15.99 (Zavvi) - £18.00 (Arrow Films) - £19.97 - £15.98 (Amazon) - £27.99 - £14.99 (HMV)

12005262-1294635719998419.jpg

Last edited:
LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS
  • Brand new 4K restoration from the original camera negative, approved by director of photography Junichiro Hayashi
  • High definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
  • Lossless Japanese DTS-HD master audio 5.1 and PCM 2.0 soundtracks
  • Optional English subtitles
  • New audio commentary by film historian David Kalat
  • The Ring Legacy, a series of new interviews from critics and filmmakers on their memories of the Ring series and its enduring legacy
  • A Vicious Circle, a new video interview with author and critic Kat Ellinger on the career of Hideo Nakata
  • Circumnavigating Ring, a new video essay by author and critic Alexandra Heller-Nicholas on the evolution of the Ring series
  • Sadako’s Video
  • Theatrical trailers
  • Booklet containing new writing by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
  • Limited edition packaging featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Matt Griffin
66ce132b-aa14-48c2-ad74-2a1b29875d82 (1).jpg fcc34cfe-9654-40c5-bf68-76416a0e2287.jpg

I'm pleased that they are doing steelbooks at the same time as the LE, saves me buying the LE and then finding out there's a steel on the way!

surely that should say Ringu?

glad this is getting the Arrow review treatment. :) not sure i'm going to replace my dvd trilogy boxset with the fab 'reaching out' lenticular, though - it's this Tartan Asia Extreme one (available on hmv), but with a clear, image-only loose lenticular for the cover - nice. :drool:
1545405752101.png

wonder if they will do the other three?

Made my xmas with this announcement has Arrow, in for the steel and the LE due to all the extras and having the 1st sequel and Spiral (Ring 0 can burn in VHS hell :rofl:)

FINALLY, jeez this has taken so long to get a release.

I hope this pave some the way for Ju-On the Grudge 1+2 also.

Amazon UK price has increased from £19.96 to £27.99

Price very likely will drop before release

I have my order locked in at £19.96 for now

I'm pleased that they are doing steelbooks at the same time as the LE, saves me buying the LE and then finding out there's a steel on the way!

IMO you can't really compare this steel and the LE, latter has so much stuff ...