Ring (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Arrow Video) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: March 18, 2019
Purchase link: Zavvi - Arrow Films - Amazon UK - HMV (In stores)
Price: £15.99 (Zavvi) - £18.00 (Arrow Films) - £19.97 - £15.98 (Amazon) - £27.99 - £14.99 (HMV)

12005262-1294635719998419.jpg

Last edited:
Having seen some in hand pictures I'm happy I passed up the steelbook to get the trilogy set. Just not a fan at all.

I actually like it. Although would prefer a nice finish/ spot gloss.
Art is quite creepy

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
My copy arrived this morning and I've decided to keep it after all... love the artwork/colours and I actually find the matte finish quite fitting.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Watched the ring for the first time in a very long time the other night. So good. Different to how I remember, not in a bad way. Just a quality, timeless horror.

The steelbook doesn't need bells and whistles, just like the film.

Art looking suitably sinister - if you don't mind the sameness of it (back art = zoomed in section from front) - but the finish looks goddam streaky shocking here compared to the usual high quality matte finish associated with Arrow steelbooks and does not stand up well to close examination but maybe just fine from a distance or in one of those steelbook frames high on the wall ...

ITTroll:-
1552955010157.png

Useless info: one of the main inspirations for the story was the Spielberg/Hooper film POLTERGEIST (1982)

1552954433254.png

1552954825756.png

Last edited:
The only thing that needs saving is people's taste. That's why we get inundated with pop art steels, because people want every steel to scream at you. And gloss.

It's suitably subtle
i agree, but this steelbook *literally* screams at you lol

I think it might have worked better if it was green? Been a while since I saw the film and the only colours I'd associate with the film are green/blue/black.

Im sure my local hmv was £15.99 today as i was really surprised when i picked it up! Must be a price error
Hmv have stock that means the supply contract has been completed
HMV was not getting any stock from arrow until that supply contract was completed which why HMV not had any arrow new releases or restock of back catalogue recently.

Zavvi price is £15.99

Amazon price matching with HMV will depend on amount of stock they have remaining
Amazon price at the moment is £19.80