RIP Anton Yelchin

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Terrible news. :(

'Star Trek' actor Anton Yelchin dies in freak accident at age 27.

1.jpg

Last edited:
Pinned between his own car and mailbox. How does that even happen?! Life is crazy. :dunno:
It was a freak accident
He was on his way to rehearsals got out of his car
The car moved just after he got out of the car
It struck him after rolling backwards down the steep drive at his Studio City home, pinning him against a brick postbox pillar and a security fence.

RIP

Reactions: Flash
Found out yesterday by a mate and I thought he was winding me up

Such a shame, I enjoyed him in most things
Especially loved him in fright night and really enjoyed the remake anyway

Was great in Star Trek too, will be weird watching the 3rd and his other 4 films he has coming out (not sure of all were filmed)

I only said to a few mates the other night with the amount of deaths this year of older legendary status a youngster will go. Horrible year so far

I still can't get over the fact cobain, Hendrix, Morrison, Jones etc were all 27 too. It's a shame but that club is only getting bigger

RIP Yelchin

So sad. He was a very talented actor. He was always great in everything he was in.
I think the first film i saw him in was Alpha Dog.

Stuff like this is just a constant reminder that life is short. Be sure to make every day count and tell the people that you love how much they mean to you.

I couldn't believe this yesterday. I first saw him in Hearts in Atlantis in theaters. He always steals the films that he's in. He was so great in Alpha Dog, Only Lovers Left Alive, Green Room, and more. What an awful way to die, violently and alone, and for his friends to find him like that. I just think of that horrific scene with him in Green Room...

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Just awful, I was very sad when I heard this. He was very talented and I always enjoyed his work. And then to go with such a freak accident. Rip, Anton.

Yelchin's parents, Irina and Viktor, have now published an advert in The Hollywood Reporter, featuring the message, "Thank you to all of you who have sent flowers and gifts, for your condolences and kind words and to all who came to celebrate the life of our dear son, Anton. We are deeply grateful for your unconditional love... He would be surprised at how many hearts and souls he touched. Thank you very much."

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo