Road House (4K + Blu-ray Slipcover Box Set) (Vinegar Syndrome) [USA]

Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase link: Vinegar Syndrome
Price: $44.99

C643C21F-A076-46FD-808D-EB97F31BE087.jpeg

F4C5F645-2A3A-44BE-8A75-87F9CC03FF62.jpeg
072317D4-980A-4491-AEA3-D9CB7470953D.jpeg
We're pleased to at last announce our fourth VSU; a film truly worthy of the branding; featuring huge stars, even even bigger thrills, and a whole lot of ass kicking: Rowdy Herrington's ROAD HOUSE! Our edition features a brand new, VS created, 4K restoration, an exclusive making-of doc, and plenty of other heavy hitting extras! As usual, it will be packaged in VSU's custom designed hard box featuring newly created art by Tom Hodge!

James Dalton is a tough-as-nails bouncer with a reputation for using any and all force necessary to "keep the peace." Meanwhile, Frank Tilghman, a country businessman, is having trouble maintaining control over the violent patrons and crooked staff at his newly acquired club, the Double Deuce. Upon learning of Dalton's take-no-prisoners attitude toward security, he makes a proposal too good for Dalton to refuse; summoning him from The Big Apple to Jasper, MO and handing him the reins to the bar, on the promise that he clean the place up. But no sooner than his first few days in charge does he wind up stabbed and in the hospital. With the knowledge that he's up against a gang of thugs who play even dirtier than he does, Dalton throws caution to the wind and prepares for a fight that will inevitably send someone six feet under...

Patrick Swayze (Dirty Dancing, Ghost), Kelly Lynch (Drugstore Cowboy), Sam Elliot (Tombstone, The Big Lewbowski), and Ben Gazzara (The Killing of a Chinese Bookie) headline an all-star cast in director Rowdy Herrington's blockbuster turned cult classic, ROAD HOUSE. Newly restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative, specifically for this release, and bursting with both new and archival extras, Vinegar Syndrome Ultra is proud to give this ass-kicking classic the kick-ass special edition it deserves.

Directed by: Rowdy Herrington
starring: Patrick Swayze, Kelly Lynch, Sam Elliott, Ben Gazzara, Kevin Tighe, Kathleen Wilhoite
1989 / 114 min / 2.35:1 / English Stereo

Additional info:

• VSU exclusive 'ultra' high-end magnet clasp box, containing the slipcovered 2-disc set and a 40-page book. Case artwork designed by Tom Hodge. Box designed and patented by VS.
  • Region Free 4K Ultra HD / Region A Blu-ray Set
  • 4k UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
  • Newly scanned & restored in 4k from it’s 35mm original camera negative
  • EXTRAS TO BE ANNOUNCED
  • Reversible cover artwork
  • English SDH subtitles

Last edited by a moderator:
on sale for 31€ @tha_lunatic

hurry up only 250 left and might be gone for good this time around

on sale for 31€ @tha_lunatic

hurry up only 250 left and might be gone for good this time around

bought a copy, thx :kiss:

Reactions: hatredhorror
Nevermind it’s sold out. I now get to pay $80-85 for it on eBay sweet! Was all ready to buy this weeks ago but I never did.
I had a feeling when they said 1,000 left that it would sell out, it must have gone OOS quick at that point

Last edited:
Nevermind it’s sold out. I now get to pay $80-85 for it on eBay sweet! Was all ready to buy this weeks ago but I never did.
I had a feeling when they said 1,000 left that it would sell out, it must have gone OOS quick at that point
The post above yours from a week ago said there were only 250 left.
Right now they have their regular crazy 'Partners Label' month, or something, when they remove all their Vinegar titles from the website, like they don't exist.
Unless you've seen it before this started as sold out, it might be back whenever this lunacy is over again.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Jaxxx
They are working their way through the halfway to Black Friday sale first and those who ordered early for this and yearly subscribers will get theirs first before everyone else’s orders.

The post above yours from a week ago said there were only 250 left.
Right now they have their regular crazy 'Partners Label' month, or something, when they remove all their Vinegar titles from the website, like they don't exist.
Unless you've seen it before this started as sold out, it might be back whenever this lunacy is over again.
It did sell out during the sale, but it could also be that there will be more back in store, because there is a limit of 2 for each buyer. So when they have gone thru the orders they most likely will cancel those who tried to order more than 2.
I would wait to see if it gets back in store. Also, when the orders from the sale have been shipped out there will be much cheaper ones to pick from on ebay.

Last edited:
my copy hasnt yet been sent :/
Mine either, & I did the half way to Half Way to Black Friday pre-order of Showgirls (& 8 other titles during the general sale).
The way they ship is;
- Yearly Subscribers first.
- Anyone who preordered any of the titles in the Half Way to Half Way to Black Friday Flash preorder in March (Showgirls, A Blade in the Dark, The Boogeyman).
- General orders during the sale.

Seems their Yearly Subscribers has increased since last year, my order was shipped by now during the sale last year.

Last edited: