Roadgames (Blu-ray Limited Edition) (Powerhouse Films) [UK]

Jun 18, 2016
Release date: December 14, 2020
Purchase link: Powerhouse Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £18.99
Note: Limited to 3000 copies - Region B Locked

198_ROADGAMES_slipcase_3D_72dpi_RGB_transp_720x.png

• New 2020 restoration from a 4K scan of the duplicate negative, produced exclusively for this release
  • Original mono audio
  • Audio commentary with director Richard Franklin (2003)
  • Audio commentary with cinematographer Vincent Monton, costume designer Aphrodite Kondos, production secretary Helen Watts, and film historian Mark Hartley (2019)
  • Audio commentary with writers and programmers Anna Bogutskaya and Olivia Howe (2020)
  • Kangaroo Hitchcock (2003): archival documentary on the making of Roadgames featuring interviews with Franklin and actor Stacy Keach
  • Australian Long Haul (2019): actor Stacy Keach discusses the role of Pat Quid and working in Australia
  • Audio interview with Stacy Keach (2016): further thoughts on the film by the actor
  • Audio interview with Richard Franklin (2001): the director recalls his early career as a filmmaker and the production of Roadgames
  • Archival Interview with Richard Franklin (1981): documentary profile of the director
  • Audio interview with Grant Page (2016): an in-depth discussion with the actor and stunt co-ordinator
  • ‘Not Quite Hollywood’ Interview Excerpts (2008): over an hour of outtakes from Hartley’s acclaimed documentary on Australian cinema, featuring Franklin, Page, actors Keach and Jamie Lee Curtis, screenwriter Everett De Roche, and assistant director Tom Burstall
  • Roadgames: A Lecture (1980): archival recording of Franklin, co-producer Barbi Taylor and composer Brian May discussing the making of the film
  • Neil Sinyard on ‘Roadgames’ (2020): newly filmed appreciation by the British film historian
  • …And His Ghost May Be Heard (1973): rare short film by Franklin, marking his first collaboration with Roadgames cinematographer Monton
  • Script Read (1980): audio recording of a pre-production read-through, featuring Franklin and actors Keach and Marion Edward
  • Music demos: excerpts from the Brian May score in demo form
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Image gallery: promotional and publicity materials
  • New and improved English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive 80-page book with a new essay by Lee Gambin, extensive archival interviews with Richard Franklin, Stacy Keach and Jamie Lee Curtis, Franklin’s 1980 Alfred Hitchcock obituary, an overview of contemporary critical responses, Mark Hartley on …And His Ghost May Be Heard, and film credits
  • Limited edition exclusive double-sided poster
  • UK premiere on Blu-ray

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Billy Talent
I remeber watching this on tv when i was a kid. Only watched it once and cant wait to get that nostalgia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Billy Talent
Zavvi shipped my copy ages ago but still no delivery

Oh I bet your order will arrive soon like mine did IN A THIN ENVELOPE!
Arrived at my sisters place have not picked it up yet.

Will post pictures later, of my hopefully undamaged copy.

Attachments

• 20201218_222231.jpg
    20201218_222231.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Better late then never:happy: Got a nice number on this one

Attachments

• 20210105_144717.jpg
    20210105_144717.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 219
  • 20210105_144737.jpg
    20210105_144737.jpg