Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Deluxe Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase links: Steelbook only - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook only) - £39.99 (Deluxe Edition)
Notes: Blu-ray disc is Region B locked

Deluxe Edition
20220825_222911.jpg

SteelBook Only
Roblin Hood SteelBook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
SteelBook only Edition

• Brand new 4K restorations of both the theatrical and extended cuts from the original negative by Arrow Films
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of both cuts
  • Limited Edition SteelBook with newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
  • Double-sided fold-out poster featuring newly commissioned artwork by José Saccone
  • Original uncompressed stereo and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with director Kevin Reynolds and actor Kevin Costner
  • Audio commentary with actors Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater and writers/producers Pen Densham and John Watson
  • Here We Are Kings: Making Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves – a brand new, multi-part documentary featuring brand new interviews with Densham, Watson, director of photography Douglas Milsome, editor Peter Boyle, costume designer John Bloomfield and many more members of the creative team
  • Robin Hood: The Myth, the Man, the Movie – an archival 1991 documentary hosted by Pierce Brosnan
  • One-on-One with the Cast – archival 1991 interviews with Costner, Freeman, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Slater and Alan Rickman
  • Bryan Adams “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You” performance at Slane Castle, Ireland
  • Music soundtrack cues
  • Theatrical trailer
  • TV spots
  • Image gallery

SteelBook only Edition

• Brand new 4K restorations of both the theatrical and extended cuts from the original negative by Arrow Films
  • 4K (2160p) UHD Blu-ray presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible) and High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation of both cuts
  • Limited Edition SteelBook with newly commissioned artwork by Tony Stella
  • Double-sided fold-out poster featuring newly commissioned artwork by José Saccone
  • Original uncompressed stereo and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
  • Audio commentary with director Kevin Reynolds and actor Kevin Costner
  • Audio commentary with actors Morgan Freeman and Christian Slater and writers/producers Pen Densham and John Watson
  • Here We Are Kings: Making Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves – a brand new, multi-part documentary featuring brand new interviews with Densham, Watson, director of photography Douglas Milsome, editor Peter Boyle, costume designer John Bloomfield and many more members of the creative team
  • Robin Hood: The Myth, the Man, the Movie – an archival 1991 documentary hosted by Pierce Brosnan
  • One-on-One with the Cast – archival 1991 interviews with Costner, Freeman, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Slater and Alan Rickman
  • Bryan Adams “(Everything I Do) I Do It for You” performance at Slane Castle, Ireland
  • Music soundtrack cues
  • Theatrical trailer
  • TV spots
  • Image gallery

Both cuts in 4K. :thumbs:

Reactions: muibonita1971
This release is UK only for anyone who's wondering. There will not be a US release from arrow. This applies to both steelbook editions, both amaray limited edition variants and any subsequent standard amaray releases.

Reactions: djjez83
I still have the German DVD (it’s not even anamorphic). If I remember correctly there was a choice of the US ‘flipper’ disc where the movie was split over two sides, and the UK version that was censored…(the German version has the f bomb and little to no editing).

‘the film was cut to get a PG rating in the first place in the UK. At the start of the film, some 14 seconds were chopped out, and the F-bomb uttered by Christian Slater removed. The opening sequence got cut further for the subsequent video release, and more seconds were taken out for a video reissue in 1995.’

Again if I remember rightly, the extended version, with a darker satanic tone and and a scribe that can talk after having his tongue cut out, was the default blu ray release for some time.

I hope arrow take good care of this. I wouldn’t want a repeat of the 12 Monkeys 4K.

Oh and it was the second highest grossing movie of 1991, behind Terminator 2. It opened in the top spot in July, then Terminator 2 arrived, but RH,POT returned to the top spot in the 12th week of release.

Yes it’s a silly film, but Brian Blessed, Alan Rickman, Morgan Freeman, Christian Slater, it’s a guilty pleasure for me. I’m not sure if I need a £40 version though…hmm…

Reactions: Lord Vader
I still have the German DVD (it’s not even anamorphic). If I remember correctly there was a choice of the US ‘flipper’ disc where the movie was split over two sides, and the UK version that was censored…(the German version has the f bomb and little to no editing).

‘the film was cut to get a PG rating in the first place in the UK. At the start of the film, some 14 seconds were chopped out, and the F-bomb uttered by Christian Slater removed. The opening sequence got cut further for the subsequent video release, and more seconds were taken out for a video reissue in 1995.’

Again if I remember rightly, the extended version, with a darker satanic tone and and a scribe that can talk after having his tongue cut out, was the default blu ray release for some time.

I hope arrow take good care of this. I wouldn’t want a repeat of the 12 Monkeys 4K.

Oh and it was the second highest grossing movie of 1991, behind Terminator 2. It opened in the top spot in July, then Terminator 2 arrived, but RH,POT returned to the top spot in the 12th week of release.

Yes it’s a silly film, but Brian Blessed, Alan Rickman, Morgan Freeman, Christian Slater, it’s a guilty pleasure for me. I’m not sure if I need a £40 version though…hmm…
Although its weirdly out of place with the tone of the rest of the film, I love the satanic stuff in the extended cut. This film was always noted for having a darker edge at times for a family blockbuster but the extended cut takes it to a whole other level lol. The scribe gaffe was pretty amusing though

Reactions: Falihn