Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Deluxe Limited Edition) (Arrow Video) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: November 28, 2022
Purchase links: Steelbook only - Deluxe Edition
Price: £29.99 (Steelbook only) - £39.99 (Deluxe Edition)
Notes: Blu-ray disc is Region B locked

Deluxe Edition
20220825_222911.jpg

SteelBook Only
Roblin Hood SteelBook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still think the regular non-steelbook version is much nicer.

too much GIF

Mines just arrived and I love it. I am bias though this being the first 'premium' release of a childhood favourite of mine

Ill definitely be picking up the amaray/alternative artwork release as well

Reactions: Vaako
Agree. Quite like the steel, but the slip sucks. I've ordered the standard 4K slip and will mix and match.
Might do the same if it's still available after Christmas, artwork is soooo much better
13953240-1434984039725825.jpg

Btw this transfer is gainy af
It okay, it gives it texture and the details are still great but you've been warned

Last edited:
Reactions: samdavies
Looks like a same quality fullslip as Arrow´s True Romance, and I like that a LOT, in hand. Don´t mind absence of the finish, looks great anyway. Backside is disappointing though :dunno:

Reactions: hatredhorror
This release is a bit of a disappointment. Steel is kinda dark and low res in hand, slip sucks and don't like the naff b&w art doodles, which are inside the steel, on the booklet and on a separate leaflet.

Poster, cards and booklet content are very nice though. The disc looks decent from what I've seen already and there's a solid array of extras.

The other slip is far better and honestly I'm wondering weather I should've held onto my German steel and slotted it in there instead. Only thing i didn't like about that one was the title.

This release is a bit of a disappointment. Steel is kinda dark and low res in hand, slip sucks and don't like the naff b&w art doodles, which are inside the steel, on the booklet and on a separate leaflet.

Poster, cards and booklet content are very nice though. The disc looks decent from what I've seen already and there's a solid array of extras.

The other slip is far better and honestly I'm wondering weather I should've held onto my German steel and slotted it in there instead. Only thing i didn't like about that one was the title.
Agree about other slip. Way way better. Waiting for mine to show up.

Reactions: samdavies

You know what. I've just got home and opened mine now.
I don't hate it. It's surprising even to me after reading the comments :LOL:
Arrow clearly went with production design that echoes the era in which the film is set. Everything has that 11th/12th Century medieval English feel about it. The odd kind of childlike drawing you see on the Bayeux Tapestry.
Yes, the steelbook is crying out to be full gloss that would have made the impressionist art design stand out, as such it's a bit muted, but the slip is nice, it's solid and sturdy and echoes the rest of the set. It's not as bad as you'd think. Arrow clearly showed all of this in the product marketing, so it should come as no surprise - apart from maybe cheaping out of some tasty gloss
The fluff is fluff after all.

Oh, so they did waste paper on those b&w drawings. At least not in place of an actual booklet or cards.

I'm also going to be switching the fullslip from the non-steelbook release.

Still no word on the posters. Is there 2 or 3 different ones, all dual-sided? The description makes it as if there's 3 different dual sided posters with 6 artworks...

Still no word on the posters. Is there 2 or 3 different ones, all dual-sided? The description makes it as if there's 3 different dual sided posters with 6 artworks...
1 dual sided poster in each editon. The steelbook poster has the front of the steel on the one side and the classic poster with the bow and flaming arrow on the other. The amaray poster has the front of the amaray slip on the one side and the same classic poster as the steelbook's poster on the other.

• Thanks
Reactions: Lenny Nero