paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 25, 2019
Purchase links: Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV
Price: £25.00 (Arrow Films) - £24.99 (Amazon - Zavvi - HMV)

69972223_2681637038536940_379409244.jpg

6fd6ed76-974d-4be1-bc49-09f629719bb.jpg 2fdf6414-2c38-4a5d-88c1-.jpg c1957f0e-4de8-499b-be8d-.jpg

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• 4K restoration of the film from the original camera negative by MGM, transferred in 2013 and approved by director Paul Verhoeven
  • Newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper
  • Director’s Cut and Theatrical Cut of the film on two High Definition (1080p) Blu-ray™ discs
  • Original lossless stereo and four-channel mixes plus DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound option on both cuts
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing on both cuts
  • Six collector’s postcards (Limited Edition exclusive)
  • Double-sided, fold-out poster (Limited Edition exclusive)
  • Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork
  • Limited edition collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by Omar Ahmed, Christopher Griffiths and Henry Blyth, a 1987 Fangoria interview with Rob Bottin, and archive publicity materials (some contents exclusive to Limited Edition)
DISC ONE – DIRECTOR’S CUT

• Archive commentary by director Paul Verhoeven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for the Theatrical Cut and re-edited in 2014 for the Director’s Cut)
  • New commentary by film historian Paul M. Sammon
  • New commentary by fans Christopher Griffiths, Gary Smart and Eastwood Allen
  • The Future of Law Enforcement: Creating RoboCop, a newly filmed interview with co-writer Michael Miner
  • RoboTalk, a newly filmed conversation between co-writer Ed Neumeier and filmmakers David Birke (writer of Elle) and Nick McCarthy (director of Orion Pictures’ The Prodigy)
  • Truth of Character, a newly filmed interview with star Nancy Allen on her role as Lewis
  • Casting Old Detroit, a newly filmed interview with casting director Julie Selzer on how the film’s ensemble cast was assembled
  • Connecting the Shots, a newly filmed interview with second unit director and frequent Verhoeven collaborator Mark Goldblatt
  • Composing RoboCop, a new tribute to composer Basil Poledouris featuring film music experts Jeff Bond, Lukas Kendall, Daniel Schweiger and Robert Townson
  • RoboProps, a newly filmed tour of super-fan Julien Dumont’s collection of original props and memorabilia
  • 2012 Q&A with the Filmmakers, a panel discussion featuring Verhoeven, Davison, Neumeier, Miner, Allen, star Peter Weller and animator Phil Tippett
  • RoboCop: Creating a Legend, Villains of Old Detroit and Special Effects: Then & Now, three archive featurettes from 2007 featuring interviews with cast and crew
  • Paul Verhoeven Easter Egg
  • Four deleted scenes
  • The Boardroom: Storyboard with Commentary by Phil Tippett
  • Director’s Cut Production Footage, raw dailies from the filming of the unrated gore scenes
  • Two theatrical trailers and three TV spots
  • Extensive image galleries
DISC TWO – THEATRICAL CUT

• Archive commentary by director Paul Verhoeven, executive producer Jon Davison and co-writer Ed Neumeier (originally recorded for Theatrical version of the film)
  • Two Isolated Score tracks (Composer’s Original Mix and Final Theatrical Mix) in lossless stereo
  • Edited-for-television version of the film, featuring alternate dubs, takes and edits of several scenes (95 mins, SD only)
  • Split screen comparison of Theatrical and Director’s Cuts
  • Robocop: Edited For Television, a compilation of alternate scenes from two edited-for-television versions, newly transferred in HD from recently-unearthed 35mm elements

Last edited:
Reactions: Sigill
Someone pointed this out on Instagram recently and now it's really bugging me lol... the artist obviously used a Hot Toys figure as reference for RoboCop himself and left the "crotch grabber" (stand) in there. :facepalm:

robo.jpg

Someone pointed this out on Instagram recently and now it's really bugging me lol... the artist obviously used a Hot Toys figure as reference for RoboCop himself and left the "crotch grabber" (stand) in there. :facepalm:

View attachment 447364
Damn I can’t believe that got past QC. Maybe they will change it before release. I must admit I hadn’t seen it till you mentioned it though! Lol.

Reactions: Noodles

View attachment 447364
how crazy do you [the person who pointed this out] have to be to look at this area so closely, lol

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Noodles and ty233
Damn I can’t believe that got past QC. Maybe they will change it before release. I must admit I hadn’t seen it till you mentioned it though! Lol.
I'm not even sure if it's been brought to their attention to be honest... the guy that originally spotted it certainly didn't tag them (Arrow or Paul Shipper) anyway.

how crazy do you [the person who pointed this out] have to be to look at this area so closely, lol
Haha yeah, that did cross my mind too. I struggled to see it even after it had been pointed out... had to zoom in real close lol.

I'm not even sure if it's been brought to their attention to be honest... the guy that originally spotted it certainly didn't tag them (Arrow or Paul Shipper) anyway.

Haha yeah, that did cross my mind too. I struggled to see it even after it had been pointed out... had to zoom in real close lol.
It is only small but once you see it then it does stick out a bit. I was trying to look closer and see if it’s just the inside of the suit but it definatly does look like the Hot Toys stands. I’m more surprised the artist didn’t notice it, it’s a fantastic image apart from that. I think if I could draw like that the smallest thing wrong with my picture would annoy me! lol.

It is only small but once you see it then it does stick out a bit. I was trying to look closer and see if it’s just the inside of the suit but it definatly does look like the Hot Toys stands. I’m more surprised the artist didn’t notice it, it’s a fantastic image apart from that. I think if I could draw like that the smallest thing wrong with my picture would annoy me! lol.
There's actually some other little things that give away that it's a Hot Toys figure too... again, something which I didn't notice until it was pointed out. The bend in the middle of his right forearm for example -- that's an articulation point on the figure, but not something the "real" Robocop has apparently. I'd be the same though mate... I often spot silly mistakes with my steel concepts that I missed back when I first made them, and now that's all I see whenever I look at them lol. It happens though... obviously even to the more experienced artists such as Paul, who I've always seen as this incredible superhuman whose work is constantly perfect... so it's kinda cool to have confirmation that he is only human and sometimes makes mistakes too, although very rarely lol.

There's actually some other little things that give away that it's a Hot Toys figure too... again, something which I didn't notice until it was pointed out. The bend in the middle of his right forearm for example -- that's an articulation point on the figure, but not something the "real" Robocop has apparently. I'd be the same though mate... I often spot silly mistakes with my steel concepts that I missed back when I first made them, and now that's all I see whenever I look at them lol. It happens though... obviously even to the more experienced artists such as Paul, who I've always seen as this incredible superhuman whose work is constantly perfect... so it's kinda cool to have confirmation that he is only human and sometimes makes mistakes too, although very rarely lol.
You are right mate, again I only noticed it when you pointed it out. The articulation on his arm does look wrong. The thing is mate when I see your mock ups they always look perfect! I think you are your own harshest critic and you probably notice thInfs no one else would! Lol.:)

Good to see that you contacted him amd it’s sorted! His work is spot on, he has done some amazing artworks for Arrow!

You are right mate, again I only noticed it when you pointed it out. The articulation on his arm does look wrong. The thing is mate when I see your mock ups they always look perfect! I think you are your own harshest critic and you probably notice thInfs no one else would! Lol.:)

Good to see that you contacted him amd it’s sorted! His work is spot on, he has done some amazing artworks for Arrow!
Ah, thanks a lot mate... glad you think so! I definitely am though and family/friends always tell me I'm too harsh on myself. But I'm a perfectionist, so am never happy with my own work lol.

I didn't want to be the one to point it out to them, but thought someone best do it lol. Guess they already spotted the mistake themselves anyway, so lucky they caught it before it was too late!

By the way... literally just remembered that I need to reply to your PM from a little while ago. Sorry about that! Will get around to it soon bud.

Oh wow, gonna have to check these things out now lol.

Ah, thanks a lot mate... glad you think so! I definitely am though and family/friends always tell me I'm too harsh on myself. But I'm a perfectionist, so am never happy with my own work lol.

I didn't want to be the one to point it out to them, but thought someone best do it lol. Guess they already spotted the mistake themselves anyway, so lucky they caught it before it was too late!

By the way... literally just remembered that I need to reply to your PM from a little while ago. Sorry about that! Will get around to it soon bud.
Yeah you are too hard on yourself mate but you can’t help it if you are a perfectionist! That’s what makes they designs so good though!:)
You was right to point it out mate, it may have been something that they genuinely had missed. It does seem like they had already seen it though.
No worries mate, there’s no rush!:)

Sorry I meant DTS: X or Dolby Atmos
There’s a good chance a 4K release will happen. The latest Blu-ray was mastered in 4K so I can see a 4K release coming out at some point. Hopefully they would remaster the sound but it all depends on the studio.