paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: June 18, 2024
Purchase links: Shout Factory - Amazon
Price: $35.99 (Shout Factory) - $39.98 (Amazon)

71-Oa3mbPGL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Billy Talent

Bonus Features for UHD/Blu-ray

DISC ONE (4K UHD):

• NEW 4K Remaster From The Original Digital Intermediate
  • Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Stereo
DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):

• 4K Remaster From The Original Digital Intermediate
  • Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Stereo
  • “RoboCop: Engineered for the 21st Century” – A 3-Part Documentary On The Re-Imagining of RoboCop
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Omnicorp Product Announcement
  • Theatrical Trailers

Unless I'm mistaken it looks like the only thing that this Special Edition offers apart from the Film remastered in native 4K from the original digital intermediate, is a limited first run slip cover.

I don't like to criticize the brilliant Shout Factory who usually release great Special Editions but if a limited first run slip cover is all we get with this Special Edition of 'Robocop.' (2014), then I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it a 'Special Edition'!

What a shame. I won't be buying it.

Unless I'm mistaken it looks like the only thing that this Special Edition offers apart from the Film remastered in native 4K from the original digital intermediate, is a limited first run slip cover.

I don't like to criticize the brilliant Shout Factory who usually release great Special Editions but if a limited first run slip cover is all we get with this Special Edition of 'Robocop.' (2014), then I think it's a bit of a stretch to call it a 'Special Edition'!

What a shame. I won't be buying it.
It’s not listed as a special edition or a collector's edition on shout factory website where did you get that assumption from.
This also is why it's not listed as a collector's edition in thread title.

It's just a standard scream factory release that includes a slipcover with first pressing.

Even when a scream factory releases are listed as collector's edition it's still just a slipcover and sometimes a exclusive poster be included if your order direct from shout factory website
Robocop 2014 4K release scream factory website do not list as a collector's edition and also not listed on the slipcover or amaray that's why there is no option to include a poster.

• Informative
Reactions: Billy Talent
Thanks for pointing that out Billy. I forget where I saw it stated that this edition of 'Robocop.' is a Special Edition, but I definitely did see it somewhere.

Anyway that explains why it's so bare bones!