Rocky (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: February 27, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop (Zavvi will be live on January 9th at 9 AM UK time)
Price: £24.99

Rocky.jpg

Rocky (back).jpg Rocky (open).jpg Rocky (inside).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree but they seem to have some licensing issues. Which is why 2 are missing.
Where did you read that? Both are MGM in the UK, which sits with WB/Uni now afaik. US, I'm not so sure.. V should also be MGM there, Balboa was once Sony, not 100% where that sits.

Not that it stopped them doing it for the last 2 complete Rocky collections lol That isn't the impression I got anyway. Sly has has apparently said he was doing DC's for both, which makes this another Star Trek situation, which does make more sense.

Where did you read that? Both are MGM in the UK, which sits with WB/Uni now afaik. US, I'm not so sure.. V should also be MGM there, Balboa was once Sony, not 100% where that sits.

Not that it stopped them doing it for the last 2 complete Rocky collections lol That isn't the impression I got anyway. Sly has has apparently said he was doing DC's for both, which makes this another Star Trek situation, which does make more sense.
Why is there a box set coming out with only 1 - 4 then?

Why is there a box set coming out with only 1 - 4 then?
Did you read what you quoted? :rofl:
That isn't the impression I got. Sly has apparently said he's doing DC's for both.
If he's doing DC's, and remastering them while he's at it (like rocky IV), why would they go through the bother of doing the theatricals separately, to release now?

If that's true, I'd wager they're only rush putting these out now to sync up with Creed III in theaters. Watch the other 2 films be available in time for the home video release lol which is kind of similar to the star treck films, that sync'd with the original's DC.

Last edited:
I’ve never been into these movies but you’ve got to say that it’s a long time since a set of steelbooks have looked good -same format, titles on both the covers and spine. Look good when lined up together.

I like the Rocky movies (not 5 of course), but aside from 4, these steelbooks are so boring. Hard to believe there wasn't better art available. I might try to get that collection steelbook that came out a while ago and swap the 4k discs in instead (assuming a few people sell it off to replace with these). That wasn't that good either though, so maybe not.

I like the artwork on them and a massive fan of the films, so I will be definitely picking them up for sure, just wish they were inside an outer case like the Rambo set.

I like the Rocky movies (not 5 of course), but aside from 4, these steelbooks are so boring. Hard to believe there wasn't better art available. I might try to get that collection steelbook that came out a while ago and swap the 4k discs in instead (assuming a few people sell it off to replace with these). That wasn't that good either though, so maybe not.
Agree. I really like IV, essentially being the poster artwork too. Typically my least favourite (after V) is the only one I'm really considering buying. I have that collection steel (which isn't great), but will likely just whap the 4K discs in there unless these look amazing in hand.

Interesting, according to the rear the blu-ray doesn't have the special features the older fox remastered blu-ray does. Ouch.