Rocky (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: February 27, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop (Zavvi will be live on January 9th at 9 AM UK time)
Price: £24.99

Rocky.jpg

Rocky (back).jpg Rocky (open).jpg Rocky (inside).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The new box set has a blu ray of extras, maybe they got moved to there? Still sucks for the steelbook buyers though.
They did. Well, most of them did anyway. Not all are ported. That's pretty much the purpose of them being in the 4K boxset, plus the making of doc for Rocky IV DC, that's already available on YouTube. I think most people assumed they were in there because they were on the blu-ray disc, which isn't included.

I cancelled my orders for the Rocky SteelBook's a few weeks ago

I ordered instead the Slipcase Rocky Knockout 4K collection
That has the extras on a Bonus Blu-ray disc
I should have delivery next week or this weekend

Works out lot cheaper than getting the 4 SteelBook's

Flat matte no surprise. Think, like the zavvi 300. Decent matte but not as nice as bullet train. Ill post pics in a bit.
Could you check the 1080p blu from your steel please bud and confirm there are no extras on it? Jcard doesn't mention any.

Haha, they've added a Blu-ray, and didn't replicate the 2014 remaster, but rather the older 'naked' disc with no extras.

Well, you all should have that disc already anyway, or the 7th disc from the boxset.

RockySteelBDUK01.JPG

RockySteelBDUK03.JPG

This old steel is better anyway, with embossing on the title and frame.

Could you check the 1080p blu from your steel please bud and confirm there are no extras on it? Jcard doesn't mention any.
Sorry I checked about an hour ago and totally forgot to reply. There are loads of extras on it. In fact when I put the disc in it asked me to resume. So the disc is the same as the previous 1080p I have. Which is the 6 movie collection. I assume if it is giving my player a resume option then the disc must be identical right?

Reactions: samdavies
Haha, they've added a Blu-ray, and didn't replicate the 2014 remaster, but rather the older 'naked' disc with no extras.

Well, you all should have that disc already anyway, or the 7th disc from the boxset.

RockySteelBDUK01.JPG

RockySteelBDUK03.JPG

Blu-ray in UK 4K SteelBook release is the UK remastered 2014 disc that has the extras
Only difference is Blu-ray disc is a new pressing that's blue in colour

Last edited:

RockySteelBDUK01.JPG

RockySteelBDUK03.JPG

Yeah i wanted to get it but too bad there aren't same steels for other parts.

Sorry I checked about an hour ago and totally forgot to reply. There are loads of extras on it. In fact when I put the disc in it asked me to resume. So the disc is the same as the previous 1080p I have. Which is the 6 movie collection. I assume if it is giving my player a resume option then the disc must be identical right?
Awesome, thanks for confirming. Saves me trying to hunt down the bonus disc in the 4k set, or keeping my existing blu.

Oh, so they just 'forgot' to list the extras. Well that's definitely a relief for those buying just this one edition.

I figured it would have extras on. Cos rocky 4 directors cut will have the making of thing that Stallone did for the directors cut.
I thought Rocky would have the extras too, but the jcard made me question it. I'm not very sure that the Rocky IV documentary will be though. I think that blu-ray is the one that already exists, and the DC is only on the 4K, branched with the theatrical. It's not confirmed, so I'll wait to see for sure before I buy anything.

I thought Rocky would have the extras too, but the jcard made me question it. I'm not very sure that the Rocky IV documentary will be though. I think that blu-ray is the one that already exists, and the DC is only on the 4K, branched with the theatrical. It's not confirmed, so I'll wait to see for sure before I buy anything.
I mean I want them all on 4k anyway, so they are easy buys for me. Rocky 2 should take payment tomorrow.

I mean I want them all on 4k anyway, so they are easy buys for me. Rocky 2 should take payment tomorrow.
I'm honestly not that sold on the steels and will wait for disc reviews before I buy. 4 is easily the best steel, as they essentially used the poster for it, and I expect the DC to look better than the rest too.

They should have embossed Stallone's nipples.

Absolute winner.
Just a little effort would have been nice. I mean they are ok and for £25 they are fine I guess. A little spot gloss would have been nice. I'm just happy to have them in 4k. I can't wait for Rocky 3 and 4 and directors cut.