Rocky II (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

Lenny Nero

Cossack
Premium Supporter
Oct 1, 2013
Release date: March 6, 2023
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop (Zavvi Pre-order will be live on January 9 at 9 AM UK time)
Price: £24.99

Rocky_II.jpg

Rocky_II (back).jpg Rocky_II (open).jpg Rocky_II (inside).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Um......yeah.

Adrian was not at the fight in Rocky II, so whomever it was to select this image they must not have ever seen the movie.

I believe the dialogue went something like this:

Rocky: Adrian, I wish you could go to the fight!
Paulie: Doctor says 'No'!!!

Instead of Adrian in the ring at the end, Rocky hugs Mickey. Why...because Adrian isn't there!!!

"Sigh......"

Reactions: Retro Parrot
That picture seems to be from an alternative ending that was filmed, where Adrian was there, and he picked her up.
If they put that picture on a steelbook, it should've been on the disc as well.
I haven't seen these since I was a teenager, but for some reason it feels as if I've watched that unseen and unused ending, that's how the mind plays tricks on you, how you can retroactively convince yourself.
Anyway, it feels right, it should've been the ending. Maybe it was used in some cut...

That picture seems to be from an alternative ending that was filmed, where Adrian was there, and he picked her up.
If they put that picture on a steelbook, it should've been on the disc as well.
I haven't seen these since I was a teenager, but for some reason it feels as if I've watched that unseen and unused ending, that's how the mind plays tricks on you, how you can retroactively convince yourself.
Anyway, it feels right, it should've been the ending. Maybe it was used in some cut...
It definitely was an alternate ending scene, but it's not in the movie. Indeed, it is contrary to the movie.

In the alternate ending, Adrian and Paulie show up at the arena near the end of the fight, and as people swarm the ring after the bout, Adrian does as well and gets swept up by everyone and forced into Rocky's arms, where he lifts her up.

Perhaps this will have both endings. That would be a major selling point for this film. It would be difficult for me to not own it given that possibility, incorrect back art or not.