paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: Gruv - Walmart - Amazon
Price: $29.99 (Gruv) - $40.31 (Walmart - Amazon)

Rocky V.jpeg

Last edited:
Hmm, from the mockup it doesn't look like this has that recut Sly was talking about :( or if it has, it's really odd to have not mentioned it like they specifically have for the DC of IV and VI.

Hmm, from the mockup it doesn't look like this has that recut Sly was talking about :( or if it has, it's really odd to have not mentioned it like they specifically have for the DC of IV and VI.
Thats a shame. I still don't hate rocky 5 but I dont love it either. It just has so many odd decisions like not just how he loses his money but the absolute bullshit about how his previous mob connections, and him being an enforcer. Like post Rocky 4 he was the biggest sports personality in the world and he can't get any jobs at all advertising because of it? Nothing?

Thats a shame. I still don't hate rocky 5 but I dont love it either. It just has so many odd decisions like not just how he loses his money but the absolute bullshit about how his previous mob connections, and him being an enforcer. Like post Rocky 4 he was the biggest sports personality in the world and he can't get any jobs at all advertising because of it? Nothing?
Yeah, it's easily the weakest of the lot, and both Sly and the director have apparently always disliked how it turned out. There was a workprint of the director's cut circulated about 20 years ago that was said to be a fair improvement. It didn't rewrite the story, but it made it better. Sucks if we don't get it.

At least we've got the DC for Rocky Balboa though, which has never been released before now, so I'm excited to watch that. It's easily the best of the series after the 1st 2 anyway, imo.

Yeah, it's easily the weakest of the lot, and both Sly and the director have apparently always disliked how it turned out. There was a workprint of the director's cut circulated about 20 years ago that was said to be a fair improvement. It didn't rewrite the story, but it made it better. Sucks if we don't get it.

At least we've got the DC for Rocky Balboa though, which has never been released before now, so I'm excited to watch that. It's easily the best of the series after the 1st 2 anyway, imo.
I'm just glad we are getting the whole matching set I was starting to lose hope. Now I have to address the fact my creed 1 and 2 is one steelbook...

I'm just glad we are getting the whole matching set I was starting to lose hope. Now I have to address the fact my creed 1 and 2 is one steelbook...
I was never worried about them all coming. You definitely need to sort that... combo steels (unless they're very nice), are a rookie error lol at least they're cheap enough to double dip.

Yesterday was full of anouncements... Thought that most were fake. Clearly they weren't :D.
Wonder if there'll be complete boxset of steelbooks too for those who didn't buy first 4 parts?