Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: May 6, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon DE - Saturn - Media Markt
Price: €14.99

816EWD175uL._SX342_.jpg

I wonder if this’ll have fixed the metallic effects from the Zavvi version but have the same finish as the Zavvi version so the cover can be swapped.

I wonder if this’ll have fixed the metallic effects from the Zavvi version but have the same finish as the Zavvi version so the cover can be swapped.

Also if the artwork isn’t completely offcenter and bleeding onto the side of the steelbook then it won’t match any of the Zavvi steelbooks.

Also if the artwork isn’t completely offcenter and bleeding onto the side of the steelbook then it won’t match any of the Zavvi steelbooks.
Lol, true. Though I’ve been lucky, only Rogue One is like that for me after having bought a replacement for Solo on eBay. If this fixes that as well as the metallic effects, well... my set would look pretty nice with it.

that's a legit doubt, I'm just afraid the result will be a bit cheap
Well, it’s not too expensive to find out. Shame none of those shops ship to the US though.

[edit] oh never mind, Amazon says it’s not available yet, not that it can’t ship to the US. I’ll try to snag one there, then.

I'm wondering when we'll be able to preorder them on amazon

Well, it’s not too expensive to find out. Shame none of those shops ship to the US though.

[edit] oh never mind, Amazon says it’s not available yet, not that it can’t ship to the US. I’ll try to snag one there, then.
It’s already available for preorder via the Amazon.de link in OP. If it shows not available for you, it must be because of not ordering from/to Germany.

• Informative
Reactions: Vangeli
I still think these are going to be the same product as the zavvi run, fit with different plastic trays. mayyybe the spine logos will be changed to standard blu-ray because the 4k disc isn't included, but i've seen scanavo totally ignore that matter on other releases (the ant-man & the wasp bd/dvd steelbook in mexico is the same steelbook as the US best buy one, ultrahd logo and all, even though there's no UHD disc in the mexican release.)
It’s already available for preorder via the Amazon.de link in OP. If it shows not available for you, it must be because of not ordering from/to Germany.
probably need to use a german proxy/vpn to add it to cart.

I still think these are going to be the same product as the zavvi run, fit with different plastic trays. mayyybe the spine logos will be changed to standard blu-ray because the 4k disc isn't included, but i've seen scanavo totally ignore that matter on other releases (the ant-man & the wasp bd/dvd steelbook in mexico is the same steelbook as the US best buy one, ultrahd logo and all, even though there's no UHD disc in the mexican release.)

probably need to use a german proxy/vpn to add it to cart.
Doubt that a VPN helps if they restricted the shipping address.

about the spine: you can see in the mock up in the OP that there is no Blu-ray or 4K logo :)

that's a legit doubt, I'm just afraid the result will be a bit cheap

Good point. I’m not sure whether it will look cheap but I’ve definitely seen steelbooks where Zavvi’s version has metallic effect and others don’t.

Maybe it’ll be all matte!