Print run: 500

15211365z66ueedyn22suk-jpg.244479

00.jpg

1-2.jpg
2-2.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The GRAIL that is the Top 1 of my list is still R+J Iron Pack China..this is a fantastic news

Last edited:
I don't see how it could be Romeo + Juliet. It seems like that would be out of character for Blufans, since it isn't an animated movie or action movie. But I would LOOOOOOOVE it, if it really is! I love Baz Luhrmann's style.

Romeo & Juliet? More money saved! :D
Yeah, in all the hub bub I forgot that the movie is pretty weak. I mean, I laughed hysterically when they revealed that their guns are made by a manufacturer called 'Sword' so the dialog makes sense when they refer to their guns as 'swords'.:hilarious:
I don't think there has yet been a modernized Shakespeare that really works at all. Baz made his film for the Bard-illiterate MTV crowd with A.D.D.- and it probably has not aged well.
I wouldn't mind Moulin Rouge, though...even though Baz's nonstop camera moves give me a headache.
Shouldn't there be a re-imagined version of that now called RED MILL?!!:rofl:

Last edited:
Reactions: augustus
Yeah, in all the hub bub I forgot that the movie is pretty weak. I mean, I laughed hysterically when they revealed that their guns are made by a manufacturer called 'Sword' so the dialog makes sense when they refer to their guns as 'swords'.:hilarious:

I don't think there has yet been a modernized Shakespeare that really works at all. Baz made his film for the Bard-illiterate MTV crowd with A.D.D.- and it probably has not aged well.

@C.C. 95 I can see where you're coming from. I was always amused that this film was released with the title, "William Shakeaspeare's Romeo + Juliet". I always thought that the title, "Baz Luhrmann's .......... " would have been more appropriate.

As a product of the English education system, I spent five years in English Literature classes, studying and dissecting various Shakespeare plays, and I hated it. Only later, when I had experienced life outside of the classroom, did I begin to appreciate what all the fuss was about.

Key to that understanding, was seeing the plays performed, albeit in the classic movie adaptations of Laurence Olivier, Orson Welles and Franco Zeffirelli, as opposed to merely reading from the page.

The greatest of Shakespeare's plays are universal, in that they can be set anytime, anyplace, anywhere and still be equally effective, dealing as they do with the frailties of human nature. Added to which, is the absolute beauty of the language used, and it is the combination of these two factors which makes Shakespeare as relevant today, as he has ever been.

"Romeo and Juliet", with its tragic tale of the star crossed lovers, is probably the most universal story of them all, and one which everyone can relate to. "For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo." Its greatness even transcends Baz Luhrmann's wayward interpretation.

I can put up with the quirks, mentioned in your own post, as well as the updated setting, but the thing I found intolerable were the thick American accents of some of the cast, which rendered much of Shakespeare's verse incomprehensible to my ears. That's not to say that Americans can't do Shakespeare. Al Pacino, Kevin Spacey and Orson Welles have all demonstrated an affinity with the Bard.

The sole reason I still regularly revisit this film, is the impassioned performance of the young Leonardo DiCaprio. There's an intensity to his portrayal of Romeo which puts all the anachronisms of the movie to the back of one's mind.

So, in spite of my ambivalence towards this film, I welcome it getting a Blufans makeover, and would certainly get it for DiCaprio's moving performance.

For repeated viewing, however, I shall be sticking with Zeffirelli's version (1968) which, for me, has never been equalled.

Last edited:
Absolutely no interest in this movies but good for those who like it. We can't have blockbusters all the time. Weren't some people complaining that BF only caters to action/scifi movie fans and now they have changed track some people are still complaining. At least my wallet will get much needed break

Reactions: augustus
Kimchi brought out Pianist, Infernal Affairs, Perfume..so BF w/R+J, MR & GG is a no?

I hope they go through w/these just to see what they can come up w/non CGI, non blockbuster action, non Marvel/Disney/Animation films..
Yep, even if the movies aren't that great (in other's opinions), Luhrmann's films have lots of imagery that will look great on steelbook. Gone Girl will also be interesting to see what Blufans creates.

Last edited:
Reactions: augustus and rj531