Rumor: Zune HD to lay the smack down.

Apr 2, 2009
http://wmpoweruser.com/?p=4120

From our limited information, it seems the ZuneHD will feature a lot of what Windows Mobile owners have long been waiting for.

The ZuneHD will have a capacitive, multi-touch OLED screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio and TV out, from what looks to be a HDMI port on the side. The radio will now be HD and the device will support HD media playback, which will be available from the updated Zune Marketplace.

The ZuneHD will also support 3D Xbox games, but it is unclear what form this will take.

The device will come in 16 and 32 GB versions, and will support wireless sync. It will also finally come with a browser that supports multi-touch.

The device is set to launch in Fall, around September, and will also finally be available outside US, in Canada, UK and France, and possibly other European countries.

It remains likely this device will serve as a showcase for Windows Mobile 7 when it is released, and Microsoft is expected to spend a considerable amount marketing the device and service.

Edit: Something more for our readers to chew on. While we do not have confirmation of this, many bloggers are claiming the device will be nVidia Tegra powered.

ill sell my touch in a heartbeat

the small screens like a flip phone, or the big screens like the iphone.. big diff in price for those.. a 11" is 2500 retail...

3.5-4 inch phones. same general size as the zune, ipod and psp :)

the samsung omnia hd is already out i believe..its OLED

does this device sound like its really going to be a boot legging thing with its HD output??....just as where are we going to find HD content???...i'm sure if they had some exclusives HD only on Zune HD movies like starwars it will sell big but im worried we won't pay and start backing up our Blu-ray disks on the go..

thats only a thought...most hotels have B(_)llshit SD tv's with only Coaxial input