Rush (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Kimchidvd Exclusive #11) [Korea]

Which inner artwork do you want and which treatment on steelbook

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Choi Chungkwon

Premium Supporter
Jan 28, 2013
South Korea
Release date: July 5th, 2014 (see post #1712)
Price: 36.99$
SteelBook Treatment: Embossing and full glossy - designed by Plain Archive
Package detail
- Lenticular slip edition (2.5K, 1K for local, 1.5K for oversea)
- Full slip edition (1K, 0.3K for local, 0.7K for oversea)
- 1/4 slip edition (non-exclusive)-500 per Facebook
Common gifts in each edition:
- Booklet
- Poster card
- Art card
- Numbering card

Buy links:
Lenticular Package OOS
Full Slip Package OOS

List of Kimchidvd Exclusive SteelBook Editions

Lenticular Package

Rush Lenticular Package.gif

1400160589451418.jpg

Full Slip Package

Rush Full Slip Package.gif

Announced artwork:
rush-kr.jpg

245BF74B521AE30701AA79

SteelBook Treatment poll:

1) Embossing and full glossy WINNER
2) Embossing and spot glossy on title and car

3) No embossing and full glossy

4) No embossing and spot glossy on title and car

HDN chose inner artwork:
?????_??_3?.jpg
?????_??_5?.jpg
WINNER
?????_??_6?.jpg

Attachments

• Rush-KR.gif
    Rush-KR.gif
    147.8 KB · Views: 693
  • thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 598
Last edited by a moderator:
Shocking with a 500 print run the 1/4 slip seems to still be in stock.

The 1/4 Kimchi has listed is a Non-Exclusive (that means there's more, elsewhere). Kimchi may have only ordered and received 500 from a shared, generic release. There may be little or no difference between Kimchi's 1/4 slip stock of 500 and other Asian copies.

People get confused on numbers in regards to Asian, or other releases. If one retailer announces an exclusive release, people believe the announced quantities is all that were manufactured and exist of that "exclusive" or particular release. The difference between say, a Kimchi exclusive "Rush" and a more generic Taiwan "Rush" is on the outside of the steelbook and disc(s). Packaging, contents, extras, lenticular slip or not, various slips, etc. are sourced or could be done in-house. Some Asian releases arrive in a bulk type form and are repackaged. Others are true World Exclusive releases and unique worldwide. The numbers stated on these, mean that is the total number manufactured of that unique release.

When the actual photos show up we can see what the actual differences are. Uniqueness, desirability, and rarity... drive the appreciation costs in the reselling market.

When you see a quantity number for any release, be aware that the number can be meaningless. You may be purchasing one of 500 of something that there is several thousand of a nearly identical item.

I for one believe KimchiDVD had only 500 1/4 slips. I love them, their passion for their products, their honesty, and the way they do business. I never make a purchase because of a stated number, I buy it because I want it.

Some people look at these collectibles as commodities and get worked up when their motives and speculation backfires. I enjoy the entertainment.

I don't collect slipcovers and the booklet is in korean, so that didn't add much value to me. I thought the UK Rush steelbook was boring, but I'll admit I was wrong. Compared to kimchi's dull brown effort it is the better steelbook.

A friend gave me the UK Rush steelbook for my birthday and I take back what I said about it.

I now find the kimchi to be the least interesting and I'll sell it. Although not a steelbook, the Japan metalpak for me is by far the best version of Rush in metal.

Time is the greatest leveller.
Rarity the next.
These are numbered. The UK one, is at best estimate, 4k and not numbered.
If you have the balls to sit tight, I know which one will be sought after.
I've been collecting for a long time and seen them all come and go.
This one is special. The lenti and especially the full slip will be THE one to collect.
No Blufans version expected. It sits out there like a beacon. Ignore it at your peril.
IMO
:)

I'm sure you're right DodgyDave. But I don't buy steelbooks for their rarity or resale value. I buy them because 'I' like them. I didn't rate the UK steelbook and was excited about the kimchi. Once I had them both I preferred the UK steelbook and the kimchi was 'hmm...ok I suppose'. The Japan metalpak is my favourite, but I'll wait out the glut and sell the kimchi (the inner artwork is crap!).

Reactions: DodgyDave
Prices for this have already plummeted. Why will the price go up? Surely people will buy it now while it's cheap.

Now is a good time to buy.
Only 1000 full slip. 2500 lenti.
When all the collectors have their copy there'll be less available. Prices will rise.
Supply and demand. :)

Reactions: lgans316