Premium Supporter
Mar 18, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Release date: May 8, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $27.99

SPR_4K_BestBuySteelbook.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They had 3 batmans and 3 SPR at one of my stores @ 2 pm. According to the site 1 store had no SPR. So SPR might be tough to find

• Helpful Post
Reactions: apsmith21
Better that way. Less clutter.
Yeah, but it's only the UHD inside, so why mention blu-ray, which it isn't?
If all re-releases are going to do this then I may as well keep the old steel, buy the amaray when they hit black friday/christmas sales and swap the discs.

@davhyl As @apsmith21 pointed out that they most likely recycled the older steelbook that were left over and that's probably why it just has Blu-ray on the spine and not UHD instead.
IMO - I think because they took the existing steelbooks that were left and then repacked the 4K disc in there.

I don't think they printed more.

• Thanks
Reactions: apsmith21
@AcIDc0r3 hmmm, beginning to wonder if any new 4K steelbooks have ultrahd on the spine at all lol. I only have a few and I'm sure they don't.
Yep I was curious too so I just checked and the first four I checked didn't have the "UHD" logo on them. Some folks I understand wouldn't like it there but it would be easier to distinguish them from the regular Blu-rays if they had it on the spine. Little bitty logo not obscuring any artwork but sitting quietly at the bottom of the spine. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: davhyl
Yes, some do. Independence Day Resurgence, Suicide Squad, Gladiator e.g. come easily to mind. :thumbs:
I still don't think that any that I own do :whistle: but yep, just saw an unboxing to Independence Day... so yeah, this release and others like it are lazy as hell!

upload_2018-5-10_15-47-48.png

I still don't think that any that I own do :whistle: but yep, just saw an unboxing to Independence Day... so yeah, this release and others like it are lazy as hell!

View attachment 373463

so what you goona do when they bring 8k to the party ultra ultra uhd?

to be honest these must me new cos the 4k has the stupid 4k black band across the top the orignals never had the black banding and tbh i prefer ther orginal for that reason.

btw fury also coming out 4k as well on amaray.

basil :thumbs:

Yeah, but it's only the UHD inside, so why mention blu-ray, which it isn't?
If all re-releases are going to do this then I may as well keep the old steel, buy the amaray when they hit black friday/christmas sales and swap the discs.

Isn't the UHD disc still considered a blu-ray disc?