Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $18.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

C4C170F2-C299-436A-A26A-AA06E0D902C5.jpeg

1625AA38-5E0F-4097-9FD6-C93AA25963EA.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Zavvi have this now but I’m not paying £30

only one I’m interested in though

LOL this is $18.99 in the US. £30 at zavvi. Both 4K. They take the absolute PISS

Reactions: lolwut
if iirc correctly thats a satin finish, which is only available in the US? the european equivalent would be zero, which looks a little worse?

View attachment 510704

View attachment 510706
It's spot gloss. Essentially a layer of gloss on the bottom, covered with a decent layer of matte, less the "spot" areas that left glossy on the surface.

So if the UK version is also spot gloss, it'll likely be exactly the same. It's just as likely we'll get a simple sh*t matte finish instead though..

There have been UK/EU steels with satin finishes in the past, so that's not exclusive to the US as far as I know.

It's spot gloss. Essentially a layer of gloss on the bottom, covered with a decent layer of matte, less the "spot" areas that left glossy on the surface.

So if the UK version is also spot gloss, it'll likely be exactly the same. It's just as likely we'll get a simple sh*t matte finish instead though..

There have been UK/EU steels with satin finishes in the past, so that's not exclusive to the US as far as I know.
To my knowledge, the term 'satin' isn't used in Europe's steelbook market. I believe 'zero' finish is Europe's equivalent of 'satin' finish in the US. I'm not saying the are exactly the same, but they are similar. Both finishes are better than matte, but obviously not as nice as gloss finish. Even when it comes to gloss finish, there are variations in quality. Very confusing I suppose.