SCEI appoints new deputy president

Apr 17, 2009
San Diego, CA
Kunimasa Suzuki has assumed the role of deputy president of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI), and as a result will be responsible for tackling the day-to-day operations of the Japanese hardware manufacturer's PlayStation division.

After joining Sony in 1984 as part of the firm?s overseas marketing division, Suzuki later went on to assume responsibilities as general manager of the company?s VAIO business, as well as EVP of Sony Electronics in the U.S.

As deputy president of SCEI, Suzuki will now report directly to company boss Kazuo Hirai and oversee areas of strategy and product planning in addition to his current duties.

Speaking in a press statement, Sony commented: "Suzuki combines strong leadership qualities with a profound knowledge of network business and strategy that he has accumulated over many years working in the area of consumer products, such as VAIO.?

Said Suzuki on his new role: "I'm extremely excited to join the PlayStation team," adding, "I'm determined to maximise my contribution to accelerating the expansion of the PlayStation business, one of Sony's core categories, and at the same time play an active role in linking the consumer electronics and PlayStation teams to strategically fuse both businesses and create new and truly unique Sony user experiences."
________

Last edited by a moderator: