Schindler's List (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPack #001) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 4, 2019
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order January 10 8 PM UK Time)
Price: £39.98
Notes: 3 Discs (4K + Blu-ray + Bonus Blu-ray Disc)

packshot-social-media_1024x1024.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 23.30.51.png
11995437-1564632619645899.jpg

Not sure if anyone else here spotted this, because I certainly didn't until someone pointed it out on Facebook... looks like the same artwork is used on all the recent releases too lol.

View attachment 416189

Here's the original shot for comparison...

View attachment 416190
What the hell?

Why did they do that? Why not just use the original image?

Wow! If your going to duplicate people, at least don't have them all in the foreground :facepalm:

I've passed on this for Cinemuseum. I really hope they get approval (although I would have preferred a full slip to a lenticular for this movie.

I really don't need more XL slips. They're just too excessive.

Not sure if anyone else here spotted this, because I certainly didn't until someone pointed it out on Facebook... looks like the same artwork is used on all the recent releases too lol.

View attachment 416189

Here's the original shot for comparison...

View attachment 416190

Well damnit! Obviously I never noticed either, and for a moment there it didn't bother me but a few minutes later after constantly looking at it, its actually really grating on me. There is nothing, in my opinion, wrong with the original shot as is. In fact, I sort of dislike the fact that they have hidden that German guard on the right with his rifle. What was the idea behind that? Censorship, hide the fact he is holding his rifle, what? This is a very powerful film depicting the disgraceful treatment of a group of people (and thankfully one mans efforts to help), why they haven't stayed true to that on the cover artwork of this release angers me somewhat.

Sort of wish this was never pointed out because this is one of those 'once seen, can't unsee' kind of things. Now I'm just going to have to convince my brain that there are three sets of twins on the cover. Massive shame, and if it is down to Steven Spielberg to approve the artworks for these releases, then shame on him! To create this powerful a film, only to doctor its artwork on release just doesn't sit right for me.

While I love the release from EB, this info about the steelbook has tainted it a little. Wish I'd noticed sooner.

What the hell?

Why did they do that? Why not just use the original image?

Wow! If your going to duplicate people, at least don't have them all in the foreground :facepalm:

I've passed on this for Cinemuseum. I really hope they get approval (although I would have preferred a full slip to a lenticular for this movie.

I really don't need more XL slips. They're just too excessive.
Well damnit! Obviously I never noticed either, and for a moment there it didn't bother me but a few minutes later after constantly looking at it, its actually really grating on me. There is nothing, in my opinion, wrong with the original shot as is. In fact, I sort of dislike the fact that they have hidden that German guard on the right with his rifle. What was the idea behind that? Censorship, hide the fact he is holding his rifle, what? This is a very powerful film depicting the disgraceful treatment of a group of people (and thankfully one mans efforts to help), why they haven't stayed true to that on the cover artwork of this release angers me somewhat.

Sort of wish this was never pointed out because this is one of those 'once seen, can't unsee' kind of things. Now I'm just going to have to convince my brain that there are three sets of twins on the cover. Massive shame, and if it is down to Steven Spielberg to approve the artworks for these releases, then shame on him! To create this powerful a film, only to doctor its artwork on release just doesn't sit right for me.

While I love the release from EB, this info about the steelbook has tainted it a little. Wish I'd noticed sooner.
My original thought was that they just wanted to fill up the empty space, but the gun theory could be a possibility, although a stupid one if true, since guns have appeared on many releases... granted this isn't a fun action flick, but still! Whatever the reason, it's shocking that the designer thought duplicating THREE people was a good solution, and the fact no one else noticed it when approving the artwork (unless they did but simply didn't care) is even worse lol. All that being said, I don't think it really takes too much away from EB's stunning release... after all, the same image is used on all recent releases, so EB's is still the best of the bunch IMO.

My original thought was that they just wanted to fill up the empty space, but the gun theory could be a possibility, although a stupid one if true, since guns have appeared on many releases... granted this isn't a fun action flick, but still! Whatever the reason, it's shocking that the designer thought duplicating THREE people was a good solution, and the fact no one else noticed it when approving the artwork (unless they did but simply didn't care) is even worse lol. All that being said, I don't think it really takes too much away from EB's stunning release... after all, the same image is used on all recent releases, so EB's is still the best of the bunch IMO.
Its Spielberg, who knows.

Remember, this is the guy that digitally replaced the guns in the cops hands with clunky walkie talkies for the E.T. special edition re-release......!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
received this last weekend and I friggin' love it! the wooden stand for the steel and plastic holders for the ''name tag'' are just a welcome extra which makes this release even more complete.
I got the amaray, digibook, UHD Club full slip and UC's leather slip (incoming) but this one is already high on my 'Schindlers List' collection ranking :thumbs:

Just sayin' . . . spotted this a couple of months ago - Post 45 from the 7th January 2019 on the Schindler's List (4K Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK] thread

1552567079722.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 23.08.53.png

"The BluPack 001: Schindler's List 25th Anniversary Collection has
now sold out. EverythingBlu would like to thank everyone who purchased a
copy of our first BluPack edition.

We would also like to thank anyone who liked, shared or
commented on our release This release could not have
been a success without your support.

SO THANK YOU ALL!"

• Thanks
Reactions: DMD4k