Schindler's List (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPack #001) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 4, 2019
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order January 10 8 PM UK Time)
Price: £39.98
Notes: 3 Discs (4K + Blu-ray + Bonus Blu-ray Disc)

packshot-social-media_1024x1024.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 23.30.51.png
11995437-1564632619645899.jpg

That was Spielberg's request. A bad one, I agree, but it's not the EB's fault.

I don't know about that . . . on the one hand I can well believe reports that Mr. Spielberg specified the red-coat-girl cover art be used on all steelbook and Amaray 25th Anniversary editions as it appears to be universal - from Spain to Australia and everywhere in between - and with a mass circulation in the tens of thousands it would make sense.
On the other hand I find it hard to believe he would bother dictating the slipcase artwork limited as it is to hundreds rather than tens of thousands.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Interesting to speculate how this film would've looked had it been directed by Martin Scorsese ...
... why Scorsese? Spielberg had been offered the project back in 1983 but turned it down as he felt he didn't have enough experience to do it justice only for Scorsese to step into the project. By 1990 however Spielberg felt he had the necessary experience and took back the project while Scorsese went on to direct CAPE FEAR . . . a film incidentally that Spielberg had long been interested in doing a remake (of the 1962 classic) but as he admitted at the time - "I just couldn’t find it inside me to make a scary movie about a family being preyed on by a maniac"

This looks to be good going by photos posted on Twitter by those who got delivery yesterday

Twitter photos from Rhodri S Wilson
D0-h86_W0AELXVb.jpeg.jpg

More photos are in his Twitter link below

• Thanks
Reactions: RhodW and DMD4k